I was diagnosed to have low morphology. What can I do to father a child?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I went through your report, and a few points need to be clarified.
1. The volume of semen is more than usual. We advise abstinence of three to four days before this test. I hope you had that.
2. Do you have any medical problems like uncontrolled diabetes, use of anti-epileptic, bronchial asthma, thyroid hormone abnormalities? Some of the few issues that can affect sperms morphology.
3. Any addictions like smoking, drugs, etc.
4. Any STD, these can affect morphology. Any occupation exposure to chemical like petroleum products, pesticides, paint, etc.
5. On examination hope the volume of the testis is fine. You can have a good course of antibiotics and repeat semen analysis after a month. I hope I have clarified your query, do write back if any more questions and for your feedback.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 year old male, and my wife is 26 years. We have been trying to have a baby for the past seven years. I had a sperm analysis in 2011. My count was 68 m, all the parameters were good except the presence of Proteus spp. bacteria. The doctor injected me with gentamycin once, and... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, Please find my semen analysis results attached. Are there any abnormalities? And, if so, what is the treatment to be done? Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor,Good day. My wife and I are trying to conceive and one of the tests done was a semen analysis test for me. I picked the results up from the lab, but I would not be able to see my doctor till a couple of days because of work. I am anxious and I would love an interpretation. I have attach... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an Infertility Specialist Now