Q. What should I do to father a child when being diagnosed with a low semen morphology?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 02, 2019

I was diagnosed to have low morphology. What can I do to father a child?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I went through your report, and a few points need to be clarified.

1. The volume of semen is more than usual. We advise abstinence of three to four days before this test. I hope you had that.

2. Do you have any medical problems like uncontrolled diabetes, use of anti-epileptic, bronchial asthma, thyroid hormone abnormalities? Some of the few issues that can affect sperms morphology.

3. Any addictions like smoking, drugs, etc.

4. Any STD, these can affect morphology. Any occupation exposure to chemical like petroleum products, pesticides, paint, etc.

5. On examination hope the volume of the testis is fine. You can have a good course of antibiotics and repeat semen analysis after a month. I hope I have clarified your query, do write back if any more questions and for your feedback.

How to improve the chance of pregnancy in case of a semen infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 year old male, and my wife is 26 years. We have been trying to have a baby for the past seven years. I had a sperm analysis in 2011. My count was 68 m, all the parameters were good except the presence of Proteus spp. bacteria. The doctor injected me with gentamycin once, and...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Let me start on a positive note by saying that she stands a very good chance of pregnancy, but there are some small issues in your infertility treatment which I will try to cl...  Read Full

Are there abnormalities in my semen analysis reports?

Query: Hello doctor, Please find my semen analysis results attached. Are there any abnormalities? And, if so, what is the treatment to be done?  Read Full >>

Dr. Deepti Verma
Fetal Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. I have reviewed the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The semen count is normal, but the motility is decreased. Motility can be decreased in an infection or if there is a deficiency o...  Read Full

Can you interpret my semen analysis reports in layman terms?

Query: Hello doctor,Good day. My wife and I are trying to conceive and one of the tests done was a semen analysis test for me. I picked the results up from the lab, but I would not be able to see my doctor till a couple of days because of work. I am anxious and I would love an interpretation. I have attach...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) suggests that it has normal liquefaction time, total sperm count is in the normal range and active mobile is low, volume adequate, and normal morphology is low and also has puss cell which indicates...  Read Full

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now