Q. Why am I having red itchy rashes on thighs?

Dr. Dilip Meena

I am 24 years old, female. I am married and have 6 months old baby. I actually wanna discuss something with you. The thing is I have small red bumps with red background on my thighs and it is very itchy as well. Now it is on my lower abdomen, on the right side of my ribs area. In total there are like 30 of them and there is no fluids or any discharge coming out of them. I have consulted three doctors.

Doctor No. 1: diagnosis is urticaria and gave me some anti-allergy medicine which includes Eurax cream, Pinetarsol with bath oil, Zantac 150 mg, Promethazine 10 mg and Plokon 3 mg. I have completed the whole course of it but no use.

Doctor No. 2: went to hospital A and E department. They gave me whole bunch of Augmentin tablet 1g total 14 tablets. I have also completed this course but no use.

Doctor No. 3: He gave me Maleate tablet 4 mg and two tubes of Hydrocortisone Acetate cream 1 % 15 g. Today is fourth day. I am using these. No effects at the moment and it is really stressing me out.

#

1. This looks to me like papular urticaria, which a kind of reaction which is seen with small insect bites.

2. The classical description is central vesicle or crusting surrounded by redness which can be seen in your case.

3. You need to make measures to avoid insect and mosquitoes including changing your bedding and washing your bedsheets in warm water. Use mosquito repellent.

4. For the existing lesions you can use the cream Mometasone, apply twice a day. Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg twice a day. Do this for one week.

|