Q. Why am I having red itchy rashes on thighs?

Dr. Dilip Meena
Published on Apr 23, 2019

I am 24 years old, female. I am married and have 6 months old baby. I actually wanna discuss something with you. The thing is I have small red bumps with red background on my thighs and it is very itchy as well. Now it is on my lower abdomen, on the right side of my ribs area. In total there are like 30 of them and there is no fluids or any discharge coming out of them. I have consulted three doctors.

Doctor No. 1: diagnosis is urticaria and gave me some anti-allergy medicine which includes Eurax cream, Pinetarsol with bath oil, Zantac 150 mg, Promethazine 10 mg and Plokon 3 mg. I have completed the whole course of it but no use.

Doctor No. 2: went to hospital A and E department. They gave me whole bunch of Augmentin tablet 1g total 14 tablets. I have also completed this course but no use.

Doctor No. 3: He gave me Maleate tablet 4 mg and two tubes of Hydrocortisone Acetate cream 1 % 15 g. Today is fourth day. I am using these. No effects at the moment and it is really stressing me out.

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

1. This looks to me like papular urticaria, which a kind of reaction which is seen with small insect bites.

2. The classical description is central vesicle or crusting surrounded by redness which can be seen in your case.

3. You need to make measures to avoid insect and mosquitoes including changing your bedding and washing your bedsheets in warm water. Use mosquito repellent.

4. For the existing lesions you can use the cream Mometasone, apply twice a day. Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg twice a day. Do this for one week.

| 

Are body pain, headache and skin rashes symptoms of dengue?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 10 years old. For the past eight days, she has been suffering from body pain, headache, and some skin irritation. Her doctor said that it is pitta acidity. There is no improvement till date. Last year, during rainy season, she had some face and body irritation problem, whic...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for my skin rashes based on the report.

Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes similar to the rash of SLE, swollen, painful and redness around the eyes, severe fatigue and muscle weakness. These symptoms occurred a few months back after I had an intestinal infection. The doctors suspected it to be dermatolysis too, thus having a skin biopsy done tomorr...  Read Full »

What are these red itchy bumps on my face and arms?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having red itchy bumps on my face and arms for the past three weeks. I was given Fluocinonide, Hydrocortisone and Hydroxyzine by my doctor and dermatologist. The medications have not been helping at all. Please help.  Read Full »