Q. Why did the doctor remove only one out of the two anal skin tags?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 06, 2021 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2021

I have severe pain along with blood in the stool for two years. When I consulted a doctor, he said there are two skin tags to be removed. But he removed only one skin tag and cannot do anything with the second one, which is a round structure. I take painkiller and anorelief now. What is this round structure, and why is it difficult to remove?

Kindly help.

#

A skin tag at 6'o clock position need not be removed because it is not causing you pain or bleeding. The other lump at 11'o clock position is a thrombosed external hemorrhoid (external piles) which is the reason for your pain and bleeding. Now the treatment for external painful pile is surgery if the symptoms are not improving with medicines.

Meanwhile I suggest the following remedy to settle your pain and bleeding. Capsule Dexium (Dexamethasone) twice daily for four weeks.

Fill a tub to its half with slightly warm water and add 5 ml of Dettol, sit in it till the temperature of the water is normalized. Do it for three times a day for five days and then once a day for next two weeks.

Apply Xylocaine 2% gel (Lidocaine) over these external piles to ease the pain.

Thanks and regards.

|