Q. Please check my sperm analysis as I am planning to have a baby.

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

We are planning to have a baby. I have carried out a routine test for sperm analysis and want to confirm if the results are normal?

1. Volume is 4 ml.

2. Color is pearly.

3. Viscosity is fluid.

4. ph is 8.5.

5. Sperm concentration is 62.6 * 1000000/ml.

6. Total spermatozoa: 250.2 * 1000000.

Do you have a question on Sperm Count or Sperm Motility?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBS., MS (OBS/GYNAE)., FMAS., DMAS., FELLOWSHIP IS ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNIQUES
Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology

I have gone through the reports. Your counts are fine with motility more than 30 % and immotile less than 10. Ideally, the counts more than 15 million are considered adequate as per WHO standard now, earlier it was 50 million. Also, there is no evidence of any infection as leucocytes are less than one. So broadly speaking, there is no male factor infertility, and you are fine to try to plan a child naturally.

Are there any supplements I should be taking to improve my chances and improve the motility?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology

Ideally, there is a combination of coenzyme q, carnitine, l-arginine, and Astaxanthin (tablet Fertisure-M) that I prescribe for male patients, to be taken one tablet once a day for 30 days. Also, a sachet of Nurokind gold daily once with water. This contains all multivitamins and minerals and trace elements required for healthy and quality sperm production.

Also, it helps during erectility during intercourse and persistence. To be taken by dissolving in a glass of water for 15 days. I am not sure if it is available with the brand name in your country, but you can check the net and individual supplements can be discussed with your physician there and can be opted for. Please keep your hydration status good to allow better circulation of testicular tissue and development of healthy sperms.

How to increase sperm count at home?
Query: Hi doctor, Do eggs included in the diet increase the sperm count in men? If not, what medication should I take?  Read Full >>
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Egg is a rich source of protein. Protein is required for healthy sperm formation. Hence, it contributes indirectly to sperm formation. Green leafy vegetables are also rich in protein and they aid in semen formation. Apart from these, you can take capsule Absolut 3G...  Read Full >>

What are the tests urologist may order for low testosterone?
Query: Hi doctor, We are planning for a baby, but there is low sex drive. I am having sex twice in a month. I feel fatigue, stress and low energy. In my job, I am standing for almost 10 hours a day. After a routine checkup, we went to for IVF. They ordered my semen analysis and my doctor referred me to t...  Read Full >>
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the reports sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since how many months you are planning for a baby? All your reports are fine except two things. Your serum testosterone is on the lower side and the semen analysis shows that your...  Read Full >>

How to increase sperm count?
Query: Hi doctor, My sperm count is low; it has dropped from 18 million to 3 million within a period of five months time. I have been diagnosed with bilateral varicocele. I have consulted three urologists. The first doctor advised me to go for ART (artificial reproductive technology) second one prescribed...  Read Full >>
Dr. Gopinath
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I am aware that you are suffering from severe oligozoospermia (oligospermia). After four days of abstinence, please repeat the semen analysis. Even after repeating the tests, if the sperm...  Read Full >>

Ask a Doctor Now