Q. Please check my sperm analysis as I am planning to have a baby.

We are planning to have a baby. I have carried out a routine test for sperm analysis and want to confirm if the results are normal?

1. Volume is 4 ml.

2. Color is pearly.

3. Viscosity is fluid.

4. ph is 8.5.

5. Sperm concentration is 62.6 * 1000000/ml.

6. Total spermatozoa: 250.2 * 1000000.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through the reports. Your counts are fine with motility more than 30 % and immotile less than 10. Ideally, the counts more than 15 million are considered adequate as per WHO standard now, earlier it was 50 million. Also, there is no evidence of any infection as leucocytes are less than one. So broadly speaking, there is no male factor infertility, and you are fine to try to plan a child naturally.

| 

Are there any supplements I should be taking to improve my chances and improve the motility?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Ideally, there is a combination of coenzyme q, carnitine, l-arginine, and Astaxanthin (tablet Fertisure-M) that I prescribe for male patients, to be taken one tablet once a day for 30 days. Also, a sachet of Nurokind gold daily once with water. This contains all multivitamins and minerals and trace elements required for healthy and quality sperm production.

Also, it helps during erectility during intercourse and persistence. To be taken by dissolving in a glass of water for 15 days. I am not sure if it is available with the brand name in your country, but you can check the net and individual supplements can be discussed with your physician there and can be opted for. Please keep your hydration status good to allow better circulation of testicular tissue and development of healthy sperms.

|