Q. Can you go through my echo reports and tell me if I can go for CrossFit training?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

I am a mitral valve prolapse patient. I have done an echo test last year, and as per the doctor, it is not a serious one. Can I go for CrossFit training?

#

• I have reviewed your health query and want to add that the echo report you had uploaded is an old one and is not applicable to assess your health status today. I need to know the current status of your heart. It may be better than before and it will be positive to assist your plans of CrossFit training. Or it can be the other way around (just to keep the possibilities in mind).
  • I suggest a follow-up visit to your cardiologist who will suggest a new echo and other heart investigations if needed. I would then be in a better position to assist you based on your recent status.
  • My final impression would be not to start CrossFit training without consulting your cardiologist again.

Hope it helps. Of course, you may ask me more queries anytime. I would be happy to assist.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|