Q. Can you go through my echo reports and tell me if I can go for CrossFit training?

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif
and medically reviewed by Dr.Lekshmipriya B
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jan 22, 2022

I am a mitral valve prolapse patient. I did an echo test last year, and as per the doctor, it is not serious. Can I go for Cross Fit training?

#

I have reviewed your health query and want to add that the echo report you had uploaded (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) is an old one and is not applicable to assess your health status today. I need to know the current status of your heart. It may be better than before, and it will be positive to assist your plans of Cross Fit training. Or it can be the other way around (to keep the possibilities in mind). I suggest a follow-up visit to your cardiologist, who will suggest a new echo and other heart investigations if needed. I would then be better positioned to assist you based on your current status. My final impression would be not to start Cross Fit training without consulting your cardiologist again.

Hope it helps. Of course, you may ask me more queries anytime. I would be happy to assist.

|