Q. Are my current symptoms related to stroke?

Answered by
Dr. Aida Abaz Quka
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 26, 2021

Hello doctor,

I have a previous history of stroke, and recently also I had a stroke. Hypoplasia of p1 and s1 along with PAVM. I have migraines and now a loss of memory, hesitation in speech, vision changes.



Welcome to

I understand your concern and recommend performing a brain MRI to exclude a new possible stroke.

In the meantime, I recommend taking Piracetam and Donepezil to help improve your vision and memory problems and speech.

It is also necessary to continue taking blood thinners to help prevent future strokes.

I hope you will find this information helpful.

I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need them.

Wishing you all the best.

Hi doctor,

The last stroke was three weeks ago. I have an appointment today was just curious about the relationship between angio and strokes before I see this new neurologist. I like to be prepared.



Welcome back to

I understand your concern and would recommend discussing with your neurologist about the blood flow in other arteries like MCA and vertebral arteries.

If the blood flow is normal in these arteries, there is no reason to panic, as the P1 hypoplasia is a born variation of brain vessels.

I would recommend taking antiplatelet therapy to prevent future strokes and a statin.

Have you checked your heart? You may need to perform an ambulatory 24 to 48 hours ECG Holter monitoring in order to exclude possible cardiac arrhythmia, which may cause blood clots to the brain too.

Where is the stroke located?

Regarding migraine, I do not think that it is related to the stroke. But I would recommend taking verapamil to help prevent migraine headaches.

Donepezil would help with speech and memory problems.

You should discuss with your doctor the above treatment options and tests.

I hope you will find this information helpful.

We wish you all the best.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I have memory loss and forgetfulness. How to deal with it?

.. all, a good memory needs a balanced diet, which contains all essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B complex, carbohydrates, proteins, and a small amount of fat. Moreover, some drugs like oral contraceptive pills can lead to decrease in...   Read full

Can stroke cause altered sensation in face?

.. during periods of illness, fever, cold, etc., previous symptoms of stroke may reappear but to lesser degree. They usually go away as the illness resolve. It does not mean you have new stroke. With left parietal stroke, one can expect sensory sympt...   Read full

Child Development and Care

In this article, I will discuss the usual milestones that a child goes through up to the age of 4 years ... Milestones: The important milestones and their approximate ages are ... Delayed Milestones: These are some ideal criteria to measure the dev...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Monkeypox Virus - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Complications, and Prevention
Monkeypox is a zoonotic viral disease. This virus got its name as it was first noticed in laboratory monkeys in the late...  Read more»
Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Neurologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.