Q. My daughter had seizure and half of her face is not moving. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 02, 2021

My daughter has been diagnosed with end-stage renal failure and is on dialysis. Her blood pressure was very high last week and she had seizures. Now, she is in the hospital, but I do not think she is being cared properly. I think she has had a mini-stroke and half of her face is not moving. They are keeping her sedated as she is hysterical when she wakes and cannot remember anything. The doctor says that it is the epilepsy medication. They cannot control her blood pressure and now she is in intensive care and they are using some drug to lower it Nimodipine. They scanned her brain and said it was because she was on the pill. They said dialysis is fine and the blood pressure is making her sick. I am afraid that she is going to die.

#

We are here to help you.

• I understand your pain. The facial deviation could be a stroke. An MRI brain is indicated to be sure about stroke.
  • The line of management remains the use of antibiotics for infection, anti-hypertensives for blood pressure control and dialysis as needed.
  • I know you are worried. I would like to know her consciousness level. Why was she admitted? Which pills she was on that your doctors says made her sick?

Revert with the details to a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

|