Welcome to icliniq.com.
I would like to know some details about your symptoms:
1) In what manner you tried strangulation? Please elaborate.
2) Were you hanged for some time? If yes, how long?
3) Did you lose consciousness during attempted suicide? If yes, for how long?
4) The mentioned symptoms, such as vision problems, reduced cognition, memory problem, decreased problem-solving, and weak limbs- did these all start after the suicide attempt, or were they present from before? If present before, since when were they present?
5) What neurological testing did you undergo? Please share those reports in the attachment.
6) What is your age?
7) I would like to know your reasons for attempted suicide.
8) Do you consume alcohol or some kind of addictive drug? If yes, please tell me in detail.
7) Are you able to do your daily activities yourself, such as bathing, dressing, going to the toilet, your professional work, money handling, etc., or do you need personal support for doing all those?
8) Do you have any other underlying medical co-morbidity, or are you taking some medications regularly?
9) How is your sleep routine? Do you get sleepy soon after laying in bed? or does it take a long time? Once you get sleepy, do you have frequent awakenings during sleep? Do you feel fresh on awakening from sleep in the morning?
10) How is your usual mood in day-to-day activities? Is it towards the happy or toward the sad side (thinking about past events) or toward the worried side (thinking about future things, irritability, Something else)?
11) How is your appetite?
I suggest you take the following test:
1) MRI Brain.
2) MRI cervical spine with screening whole spine.
3) Nerve conduction velocity test for all four limbs.
4) Serum vitamin B12.
5) T3, T4, and TSH.
7) 2D Echocardiography.
8) Doppler ultrasound of bilateral carotid and vertebral arteries.
There may be a possibility that there is some underlying psychiatric disturbance component that led to attempted suicide, and the current symptoms may also be related to that. I would suggest you consult a psychiatrist for a detailed psychological assessment and further management. Please revert to the above-mentioned information and also send the neurological assessment sheets with investigations done as attachments for better understanding and further decision-making.