Q. Though my EKG showed sinus tachycardia, why did not my doctor worry about that?

Dr. Isaac Gana
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 30 year old female. Yesterday, I had an EKG for chest pain. My doctor said that my heart is great although my EKG automated interpretation was abnormal. It read sinus tachycardia (BPM 111) and non-specific ST depression, non-diagnostic for this age.

#

I understand you are worried. Please do not worry.

• Sinus tachycardia is just fast heart rate, and yours is just slightly elevated. Probably, you were a little anxious during the time of the examination.
  • ST and T changes are often seen in normal healthy patients. It could be due to some medications. It is highly unlikely that you have any cardiac related issues at this age.
  • But if you have experienced any chest pain of recent or shortness of breath, then it could be a cause for worry.
  • If you do have symptoms such as shortness of breath or chest pain, then I will advise that you repeat the EKG test as a conclusion because it cannot be drawn from one EKG test result.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|