Q. What may be the possible cause for pain in testicles?

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

I am 18 years old. About a week ago, as I lifted some heavy plates, both my hands started shaking and I dropped them. When I returned home, I felt some pain in my testicles. But, that was not a constant pain. So, after three days of pain, I went to see a urologist. He did a physical examination of my testicles and said that there was no swelling and everything was normal. The doctor mentioned that it was just a minor injury to the testicle, which would heal by itself. He prescribed me Diclofenac sodium 50 g and Papase tablets. The doctor told me to take Diclofenac whenever I feel pain and the Papase two tablets to be taken thrice a day. I followed his instruction and after two days the pain eased. I was relieved as everything felt normal and there was no pain at all. Yesterday, I had a dream, which woke me up. When I woke up, I got excited and my penis got hard and the pain in the left testicle started again. The testicle got bigger than the usual size. My left testicle is smaller than the right one, but at that time both were of the same size. There was pain and my left testicle started getting big and small like breathing effect. After an hour, the pain disappeared and everything was normal once again. The pain also spread to my leg and when I got on the bed it eased. My testicle looks normal with no enlarged veins or anything. It is normal physically and there is no pain while passing urine as well.

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

#

• From your description, it seems you got pain in testes while lifting a heavy object. Many times it may be a minor injury that requires no treatment. But, if you are getting recurrent pain or increase in size on one side, then you need to have an ultrasound scan done.
  • It is difficult to comment before examination of the testes. You can do an ultrasound of the testes. If it is normal, then you need not worry. You can just take pain killers.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

What do the orange spots on my fetal ultrasound scan mean?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a fimbrial ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. I received my internal ultrasound pictures but do not know how to read them. I am wondering what the orange spots are meaning on my ultrasound and where the fetus would be? I was told it was about 2 cm.  Read Full »

Can my wife use Serrax-D while breastfeeding?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 27 years old. Her weight is 60 kg and height is 5'4". She developed a wound on her left thigh a few days back. We ignored it at first. Later, the surrounding area started swelling. Now, the swelling has reached till the lymph nodes. We went to a gynecologist here. She...  Read Full »

My periods have been slightly irregular. What may be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 year old and I had an ultrasound for the first time today. My periods have been slightly irregular for last few months and hence I went for a checkup. I am attaching my scan reports for your reference. Kindly guide me. Thank you.  Read Full »