Q. What is the reason for having frequent throat infection?

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

My partner gets throat infection for every 15 days. As soon as he gets the infection, he also gets running nose. As it progresses, there is ear pain, chest congestion, and chest pain. He is not taking antibiotics or any other medicines for this problem. Please suggest.

#

Collect the running fluids and do sugar estimation. Remember that the test has to be done soon after collecting the liquid. Otherwise, it will not be accurate. Next, get a sinus CT scan done to rule out the causative reason for having recurrent throat infections. Please send a picture of the throat to see whether there is any tonsillar hypertrophy.

Meanwhile, start taking Septillin tablets to improve immunity. When there is no throat infection, give him amla (gooseberry) to eat. He can also have an allergy to pollens. So, he can develop an allergy. It can manifest as throat irritation, runny nose, and itching. You can do some tests to check allergy and follow some precautions to stay away from allergy. Revert me with more details so that I can guide you further.

|