Q. What is the treatment for disturbed thyroid and blood sugar levels?

Dr. Arpit Varshney
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 08, 2022 and last reviewed on: Nov 08, 2022

My mother is not well. She has thyroid, and today she got her sugar levels checked. Her random blood sugar is 236 mg/dL. Her T3 is 1.33 ng/dL, T4 is 11.50 ug/dL, and her TSH is 7.37 mIU/mL. What is the treatment for this?

#

I have read your concern in detail, and I will surely help you.

Your mother's thyroid levels and sugar levels are disturbed. We need to start medications for the same. However, tell me regarding her previous treatment so that I can guide you further. I will suggest medicines as per the ongoing treatment instead of starting with the new treatment.

Also, let me tell you that this is easily controllable with the right treatment. Once we start her on the right medications, she will be completely fine within a week. Also, a good thing for you to know is that only two medications are required to control her thyroid and sugar levels. She will be fine with these two medications.

But before prescribing medications, I would like to know the previous medications she is on.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|