I have been having red spots and intense itching around my thighs (almost all of the pubic hair area around my genitals). And as a result, I itch every day, and it gets bad at times that I have to scratch a lot. I have it for around a month. Could it be because of the continuous usage of the laptop on my lap? What could it be? I am very uncomfortable approaching a doctor in person. Kindly give your opinion.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
It seems you are having tinea cruris. Tinea cruris is a fungal infection of the groin.
I suggest you follow the general measures such as:
1) Do not keep the area wet at all. Use Clotrimazole powder frequently to keep it dry.
2) Avoid itching and do not scratch it. Change the undergarments regularly. Avoid excessive sweating and wet clothes.
3) Do not apply any general or steroid creams like Betnovate (Betamethasone), etc.
4) Do not stop the medicine once you cure. Continue medicine for a long time to completely kill the fungal.
5) Check diabetes and thyroid. It is recurrent even after proper treatment.
6) I suggest you apply 2% Ketoconazole cream (KZ Cream) twice daily plus tablet Terbinafine 250 mg for two months after consulting your general practitioner.
I hope this was helpful.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Antifungal management is the line of treatment ... Read fullI have itching, rashes and burning sensation in my groin area. Please help.
In my opinion, you are suffering from Tinea cruris, which is a fungal infection of the skin ... I advise you to keep the area dry because moisture can aggravate the fungal... Read fullPlease advise the best treatment for heel pain.
.. mentioned pain in the area of heel region, which has been marked by you and it looks like plantar fasciitis, which has already been mentioned to you. Just let me know whether there are any other signs and symptoms of inflammation like skin redness... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now