Q. I have red spots and intense itching around my thighs. Kindly help me

and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I have been having red spots and intense itching around my thighs (almost all of the pubic hair area around my genitals). And as a result, I itch every day, and it gets bad at times that I have to scratch a lot. I have it for around a month. Could it be because of the continuous usage of the laptop on my lap? What could it be? I am very uncomfortable approaching a doctor in person. Kindly give your opinion.

#

It seems you are having tinea cruris. Tinea cruris is a fungal infection of the groin.

I suggest you follow the general measures such as:

1) Do not keep the area wet at all. Use Clotrimazole powder frequently to keep it dry.

2) Avoid itching and do not scratch it. Change the undergarments regularly. Avoid excessive sweating and wet clothes.

3) Do not apply any general or steroid creams like Betnovate (Betamethasone), etc.

4) Do not stop the medicine once you cure. Continue medicine for a long time to completely kill the fungal.

5) Check diabetes and thyroid. It is recurrent even after proper treatment.

6) I suggest you apply 2% Ketoconazole cream (KZ Cream) twice daily plus tablet Terbinafine 250 mg for two months after consulting your general practitioner.

I hope this was helpful.

|