Q. I had a burning sensation in my tongue with small blisters that vanished on their own. What is the reason?

I am experiencing constant pain or burning sensation for the last 2-3 months in my tongue. There were a couple of very small blisters of 1 mm, but they vanished on their own. I am a teetotaler. In fact, I do not even have tea coffee. I went through a hernia surgery seven months back. And now I thought of taking this seriously since it is not going away. The pain or burning sensation is not severe but constant, and it is in two specific spots and not all of the tongue. I have been having 3 glasses of warm water in the morning with lemon and organic honey for the last 10 years now. I fail to understand the cause. My stools are normal, no gastro problem, sugar is 85 mg/dL as you can see in the report, there is no diabetes. Blood pressure is 90-140 mm Hg. I am sending you a dated blood report since this condition pre-existed the report generation date. I have got RT-PCR done last to last week, which was negative. Please advice.

#

Your reports are largely fine (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) except low Vitamin D. So you should take supplements for it like Tablet Uprise D3 (Colecalciferol) 60,000 units or Calcirol sachet (Colecalciferol) once a week for 8 weeks with milk if you are not already taking those. Regarding the oral thing, do you still have an ulcer or lesions at the site of pain, or are there any ill-fitting dentures or sharp tooth, which might be irritating the skin? I guess you do not have gastric problems or constipation. Usually, aphthous ulcers do not cause pain once they have healed. So we should search for some other cause in the case. Now to determine the cause, it is important to get yourself examined by a local ENT (ear, nose, and throat) doctor to rule out the possibility of other lesions. However, if you feel there is an ulcer (or even otherwise) there, then you can try using an Oragesic solution (contains Lignocaine + Choline salicylate + Benzalkonium) two to three times a day and Capsule Becosules once a day for a week or two. Simultaneously it should be examined by a local ENT doctor to be sure as it is quite long-standing. I hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

|