Q. Can I-pill cause a thick white fluid to come down while urinating?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao
Published on Oct 13, 2017

Hello doctor.

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

Please describe your problem.

Revert with more information to a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

My partner is suffering from pimples on the face and on the back, just below her neck. Also, she has a thick white liquid coming down during her pee. Is it because of I-pill? After having the pill, she got a period after two to three days. Today, she is suffering from body pain and weakness.

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

She is suffering from acne vulgaris (pimples over the face and back).

And the white fluid through the urine could be due to a urinary infection.

The pain could be due to menorrhagia.

I suggest some treatments for these problems, but some investigations are necessary to detect the cause of all these complaints.

1. Clearasil (Benzoyl peroxide and Clindamycin) 2 % cream over the pimples after washing thoroughly daily for 15 days.
  2. Tablet Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice a day for five days.
  3. Tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) on an empty stomach in the morning for five days.
  4. Tablet Diclogesic (Diclofenac and Paracetamol) twice a day for five days.

Investigations:

1. CBC (Complete blood count).
  2. Urine routine microscopy.

I request you to describe if she has a fever, burning sensation while urinating or weight loss, etc.

Is there any associated condition like hypertension or diabetes mellitus?

A white urine can also be secondary to I-pill, but we should first rule out other causes.

Can you please suggest an alternative for Clearasil?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

• It is a cream containing Benzoyl peroxide and Clindamycin. An alternative I can suggest is Nax B gel. Nax B gel is to be applied over the acne twice daily for 15 days. If she is allergic to it, stop immediately.
  • If you do not have fever or burning sensation while urinating then you need not take tablet Ciprofloxacin. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the antibiotics with their consent. Do not take them if you are allergic to them.
  • Please revert with the urine test reports.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Acne vulgaris, a Social Problem.

Article Overview: This article discusses the social problems encountered by teens as well as adults due to acne. Read Article

Dr. Kakkar

Acne is the most common skin problem encountered in the teenagers and also in adults. Acne is not a disease by itself, but being chronic in nature, it can have a significant impact in shaping the overall personality of a person. People with acne are often found to have low self-esteem which restrict...  Read Article

Which acne cream is causing dry, flaky skin around eyes and burns on cheek?

Query: Hi doctor,Recently I have been prescribed Tretinoin 0.25 cream and Benzaclin gel for my mild acne but ever since I started I have been getting dry and flaky skin around my eyes and mouth and burns on my cheek. Which cream is causing this? And how do I continue using them, if so?  Read Full »

What pills would help my erection last longer?

Query: Hello doctor, I want some pills which will help to last my erection for long during the intercourse. Please suggest some pills which are available in local medical shops. Also, please list if there are any side effects of taking them.  Read Full »