Q. Why does my 1. 5 year old baby get recurrent urinary tract infection?

Answered by Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi.

Do you have a question on Urinary Tract Infection or Urine Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My 1.5 year old baby has suffered from UTI for the last 18 days. The culture report showed Klebsiella pneumoniae 100000 cfu/mL. Her doctor said Colistin is sensitive and she has been treated with Colistin and catheter IV for 15 days. But, her infection is not clearing and is going up and down. Today's report says pus cells 30 to 40, RBC 6 to 8 and epithelial cells 1 to 2. She had open ureteric bilateral surgery for grade 5 reflux on the right side and 4 on the left. Please guide us doctor.