Q. I have slight bleeding and abdominal pain few days after my menstrual bleeding. What could be the cause?

Dr. Manwani Saloni Dilip

I got vaginal bleeding four days after my periods (I usually have periods for seven days). I also experience abdominal pain, bloating, and fever.

Kindly help.

#

I will need a few answers to the following questions.

1) Is it frank bleeding or just spotting?

2) Was this period a regular one or delayed?

3) Have you had any sexually transmitted infections (STI) previously?

4) Is the abdominal pain localized to any side?

If the fever is not related to any other source like urinary tract infection or diarrhea, then you might have a pelvic infection.

Assuming it is around your ovulation time, it could be ovulational spotting, which is entirely normal.

Thank you for being so concerned. I completed my seven-day periods cycle 12 days ago, and then I have had light bleeding with lower abdominal pain, mainly on the right side, for the past eight days.

I have taken Cefix, but nothing has worked yet.

#

I suggest getting an ultrasound done as it could be an ovarian cyst.

You have already started antibiotics. Had it been an infection, it should have improved by now.

Thanks and regards.

Thank you for the reply.

I did an ultrasound scan, and no ovarian cyst was found. It is pelvic inflammation, and previously I took Cefix just for a day. Can you please suggest medicine for the cure?

#

Fine, as you have started taking Cefix O (Cefixime and Oflaxacin), I would suggest continuing it, and I would also suggest adding another medicine.

1) Tablet Cefix O twice a day for seven days.

2) Tablet Satrogyl (Satranidazole) 400 mg twice a day (after food) for seven days.

3) Tablet Pan (Pantoprazoloe) 40 mg before breakfast for seven days.

Thanks and regards.

Thank you for the reply.

There is no need for a beta hCG test?

#

The endometrium looks normal. If you are suspicious of pregnancy due to unprotected intercourse, you can get it done, but a urine pregnancy test would also be sufficient.

|