Q. What could be the reason for yellowish green chunky vaginal discharge?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

I have noticed that I have an extremely irritated vagina with chunky discharge that looks yellowish green. I am negative for trichomoniasis and waiting for gonorrhea and chlamydia results.

#

An irritated vagina with chunky discharge is a definite sign of vaginal infection.

Most of the time, character, color and odor of discharge helps in identifying the type of infection. Since your discharge is yellowish green, have to keep in mind sexually transmitted diseases. Please wait for the further reports.

All the vaginal infections can be treated well with antibiotics. So do not worry. If it is recurrent, please rule out diabetes.

Please use condoms, and avoid multiple sexual partners. These two steps can help get rid of STDs forever.

|