Common "Vaginal Infection" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Vaginal Infection

Vaginal infection or vaginitis results in symptoms like vaginal itching, increased vaginal discharge, pain during sex, pain on urination, and spotting. Vaginal infection can be caused by bacteria yeast, parasite, and irritants.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What could cause pimple-like growth on my girlfriend's vagina after sex?

Query: Hello doctor,My girlfriend and I recently had sex a week ago, and now she has pimple-like stuff on her vagina. No other symptoms other than itchiness and a little pain. We think it may be genital herpes, but she is a virgin, and I have only had sex with one other person who was also a virgin. Please...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanap Sneha Umrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have reviewed your query and understand your concern. If there are ulcers or small water-filled lumps in clusters, this could be a sign of herpes. However, according to your description, it could also be a boil, which may occur due to sweat. She should keep that area...  Read Full »

I have had itching in my inner thighs and pubic area since five months. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old, and I have had itching on my inner thighs for about five months. Initially, the itching was not too bad, but it kept worsening. I have itching on my inner thighs up by my private parts and also in my pubic hairs. I never had a rash or anything to begin with. Now my i...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. Fungal infection indeed is very problematic if it becomes recurrent. I suggest you keep these precautions in mind, 1. Do not keep the area wet at all. Use powder frequently to keep there dry. 2. Avoid scratching t...  Read Full »

I took an I-pill after the condom broke during intercourse, and now I have pain and a vaginal infection. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 17-year-old female, and I have a brain tumor. It had been a week since I had sex with my boyfriend, and the condom was torn off. I took an I-pill just after intercourse. I thought it would not help, that is why I took an I-pill again after 48 hours. Now I am having cramps, a white d...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanap Sneha Umrao

Answer: Hello,Welcome to read your query, and I understand your concern.Should you take such hormonal pills randomly, it may harm your health. The symptoms you are getting could be because of these pills. For pain, take tablet Zerodol Spas (Drotaverine and Aceclofenac) whenever needed. Tell me...  Read Full »

I have itching, pain, and discomfort in my vagina with dark red discharge for a few days. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had itchiness and irritability in my vagina for the past few days, so I assumed it was a yeast infection. It was not severe, so I have not done anything about it and the symptoms started to disappear. Today, I had sex with my partner and afterward, it was burning quite a bi...  Read Full »

Dr. Fahim Islam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand you have been having discomfort and pain in your vagina and after intercourse had a burning sensation and a bloody discharge. If you are having pelvic pain with discharge, pain during intercourse, burning pain, and sensation, there is a likely po...  Read Full »

Is COVID vaccine contraindicated during a vaginal infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female with a weight of 132 lbs and a height of 5'5 feet. I have a recurrent vaginal yeast infection, and it started five months ago. I even consulted the doctor, and she prescribed tablet Diflucan one dose 150 mg. A vaginal swab report also proved the infection. Sym...  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha Raghunath Auradkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. We should treat vaginal yeast infection properly with appropriate medications. You said that you stopped the medications due to the fear of their adverse effects on kidneys. Your doctor would have suggested the medication considering al...  Read Full »

There are redness with ulceration near vagina in a baby. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4 years old daughter has redness around her vaginal wall. It looks as if it is an ulcer type or something. It hurts her a lot and frequent urination was there. We took her to pediatrician. He recommended us UTI course. Zocon and Tropan 2.5 mg was given. And Candid V gel is given. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atiqur Rahman Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I need more detail history from you, whether there is fever or burning micturition, or itching around vagina or any discharge from it. How is her behavior after these symptoms? As you have mentioned that there is 1 cut on vagina, how did this cut happen? Pain, burnin...  Read Full »

Why is there pain while having sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old woman. I am currently on birth control. My boyfriend and I have tried to have sex on three separate occasions, and everything seemed to be going fine until there was unbearable pain, like my vagina is too small or something. I know it is supposed to hurt the first ...  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Pain during sex in your case may be due to one of the two causes. Some muscle fiber tears during different positions during sex, there are intense movements, and the second possibility is pelvic infection. You did not give the previous history of sexually transmitted di...  Read Full »

I am experiencing odor and discomfort during intercourse. I found a foreign object inside my vagina. Please suggest.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old and have a regular menstrual cycle, but my period flow is not abundant and has an unpleasant odor. Recently, I discovered a foreign object in my vagina that had been lodged inside for an unknown period of time, possibly betwen two to five years. I had experienced a...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanap Sneha Umrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have reviewed your case and understand your concerns. Based on your description, it appears that you may have an infection. I recommend starting a course of antibiotics, including Tablet Doxycycline 100 mg to be taken twice daily. Tablet Metronidazole 400 mg to ...  Read Full »

Is Flagystatin vaginal pessary safe during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking Flagystatin pessary for the past ten days. They said it is pregnancy safe. I took a pregnancy test today, and it was positive. Could it be a false positive, or the urine will not be affected by the medication discharge? It is so confusing.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. The tablet is actually safe in pregnancy, meaning you can take it even during pregnancy. This drug does not prevent pregnancy. It is not a birth control pill. So, you might have been pregnant already, and that is ur...  Read Full »

How to treat white cheesy vaginal discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, I have irregular periods and discharge like white wax. I think it is a vaginal infection because I feel itching. What should I do to treat it immediately as I have to give the medical test?  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. From how many days are you experiencing this problem? Do you any history of a similar problem? Is the discharge watery or cottage cheese? What is the color of the discharge? Nevertheless, based on the explanatio...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.