I have a bit of irritation on the inner lips near my vagina, it feels like cuts almost, and I believe it is due to sex. I can see the tiniest bumps on my inner lips as well, but I am not sure if those are just vaginal glands. What could be the cause of vaginal dryness?
It could be minor vaginal trauma, injury during sex, sexually transmitted infection, pelvic infection, infective lesion, abscess, or wart. Take one high vaginal swab to check for any infection or infective organism. Observe for any local bleeding in case of trauma. I suggest you follow the following:
1. A strict local hygiene.
2. Wear soft, comfortable undergarments.
3. Use condoms to reduce transmission of sexually transmitted infections.
4. Sit in warm water twice or thrice daily to reduce irritation.
5. Take a swab test and discuss it here or with a local gynecologist.
6. Take a local specialist's (infectious control) examination.
7. Take Metronidazole (corn starch, magnesium stearate, gelatin, black iron oxide, titanium dioxide) 400 mg every eight hours and tablet Doxycycline (doxycycline monohydrate) 100 mg every 12 hours for seven days.
If the swab test comes positive, you might need contact tracing. I hope I have cleared your doubts.
Was this answer helpful?
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
I had dengue infection few months back and since that day I have vaginal itching ... Also, if this does not control the vaginal itching, take Allegra (Fexofenadine) tablets at night ... If you st... Read full
I have an infection around my vaginal area ... Most commonly seen on vaginal folds, groin, under the abdomen, under arms, etc ... They usually present as red, skin-colored, white, o... Read full
Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.