Q. Why has my lower lip become pink?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 19, 2019

I am a male and half of my lower lip color has changed to pink and it looks bad. I want to bring it back to normal color. Please help.

#

Thank you for your query on this platform.

It may be initial phase of vitiligo a hypopigmentary disorder.

Avoid smoking and taking very hot food or drinks. Avoid biting or licking lips often. Take antioxidant tablets.

You can try initially with a steroid cream like Fluticasone and Tacrolimus ointment after consulting your dermatologist. Consult your dermatologist for examination and management.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I do not smoke. How much time it will take to recover? Should these medicines need to be used with care?

#

Yes, it is better to be taken under supervision of a dermatologist as I said earlier too.

• These are usually tried first. It may be of help to some or at least stabilizes the progression.
  • The time cannot be assured. If it does not respond other options like graft may be considered too.

|