Q. My grandson has developed earache and discharge. What should I do?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 13, 2021

I am traveling with my 16 year old grandson. He had an ear ache when he woke up this morning and we saw a doctor here. He prescribed Amoxicillin 500 mg thrice a day. Later, his ear felt better, but it started draining. Now, there is a small amount of bright red blood in the ear canal. Should I take him to the doctor again? I am worried that if I do that, they will want to irrigate the ear, clean it and start some treatment. That would make things difficult, as we leave for home tomorrow morning.

#

• Yes, you would need to see your doctor again as he would check for signs of a perforation. If no perforation is found, your doctor would add up an antibiotic and antifungal ear drops too.
  • Make sure he does not manipulate his ear with an ear bud.

I hope this helps. If you have any further query please ask me.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|