Q. I like to masturbate, but not sex. Why?

Dr. Pankaj Mittal
Published on Nov 25, 2017

I am 31 years old. I have been married for 3.5 years now. I hardly feel to have sex with my wife. Sometimes, the gap will be more than a month. I masturbate almost on a daily basis and sometimes, twice or thrice in a day after watching porn. I am somehow addicted to it and not able to stop it. My wife has a very high sex drive. As I turn it down, it is causing lots of problems between us. Is there some deficiency with me? Can any medication or test help me in this?

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

• It seems that you have a normal sexual drive as you masturbate on a daily basis, which is also a form of sexual activity.
  • Masturbation is not an addiction. It is a normal phenomenon. It does not affect our physical, mental and sexual health. It is totally natural and normal.
  • It seems that you have only specific aversion of sexual act for your wife; however, you have not mentioned the probable reasons behind this.
  • It seems that you have some intrapsychic issues with your wife. So, please explore those.
  • Make a plan for some romantic outing and ask your wife to adopt some sensate focusing techniques to stimulate you. If this did not work, then you need marital therapy.
  • Though you do not have any sexual insufficiency, I suggest you tablet Tadalafil 10 mg once a week on need basis. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full »

Is it risky to have sexual intercourse with type 1 herpes patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I just recently started dating a man that informed me he has type 1 herpes. I want to know the risk factors and protective measures I can take if I choose to start a sexual relationship with him.  Read Full »

Why does my penis go flaccid right before ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor bike accident four years back. A couple of days later, I realized that I was not getting erections. I consulted a urologist and was diagnosed with ED and was administered medicine (in sachets) to be emptied into a glass of water and consumed. That brought back interest in...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now