Q. I like to masturbate, but not sex. Why?

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

I am 31 years old. I have been married for 3.5 years now. I hardly feel to have sex with my wife. Sometimes, the gap will be more than a month. I masturbate almost on a daily basis and sometimes, twice or thrice in a day after watching porn. I am somehow addicted to it and not able to stop it. My wife has a very high sex drive. As I turn it down, it is causing lots of problems between us. Is there some deficiency with me? Can any medication or test help me in this?

#

• It seems that you have a normal sexual drive as you masturbate on a daily basis, which is also a form of sexual activity.
  • Masturbation is not an addiction. It is a normal phenomenon. It does not affect our physical, mental and sexual health. It is totally natural and normal.
  • It seems that you have only specific aversion of sexual act for your wife; however, you have not mentioned the probable reasons behind this.
  • It seems that you have some intrapsychic issues with your wife. So, please explore those.
  • Make a plan for some romantic outing and ask your wife to adopt some sensate focusing techniques to stimulate you. If this did not work, then you need marital therapy.
  • Though you do not have any sexual insufficiency, I suggest you tablet Tadalafil 10 mg once a week on need basis. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|