Q. I like to masturbate, but not sex. Why?

Image: I like to masturbate, but not sex.  Why?

I am 31 years old. I have been married for 3.5 years now. I hardly feel to have sex with my wife. Sometimes, the gap will be more than a month. I masturbate almost on a daily basis and sometimes, twice or thrice in a day after watching porn. I am somehow addicted to it and not able to stop it. My wife has a very high sex drive. As I turn it down, it is causing lots of problems between us. Is there some deficiency with me? Can any medication or test help me in this?

Dr. Pankaj Mittal
M.B.B.S.., M.D
Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, Sexology

• It seems that you have a normal sexual drive as you masturbate on a daily basis, which is also a form of sexual activity.
  • Masturbation is not an addiction. It is a normal phenomenon. It does not affect our physical, mental and sexual health. It is totally natural and normal.
  • It seems that you have only specific aversion of sexual act for your wife; however, you have not mentioned the probable reasons behind this.
  • It seems that you have some intrapsychic issues with your wife. So, please explore those.
  • Make a plan for some romantic outing and ask your wife to adopt some sensate focusing techniques to stimulate you. If this did not work, then you need marital therapy.
  • Though you do not have any sexual insufficiency, I suggest you tablet Tadalafil 10 mg once a week on need basis. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Query: Hello doctor, When it comes to physical intimacy, my partner enjoys having sex with me. I am a male. For me, it seems blunt. In spite of the erection, my penis seems less sensitive and there is very little excitement. Is there something like sexual compatibility? That is, is one only compatible wit...  Read Full »
Dr. Poosha Darbha
Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it sometimes happens this way. You get an erection and can do intercourse because you are (probably) excited at the prospect of having sexual interaction with this woman, who you seem to have good chemistry with. But, you also probably did not realize at that ti...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am having serious acne problem for almost eight years. My age is 22. I observed that when I masturbate, they occur. I will not do masturbation daily or excess. I will masturbate only twice a month. Another thing is that even though I do not do, acne comes sometimes. My face becoming...  Read Full »
Dr. Chaitra Prakash
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acne is an infection of oil secreting glands of the skin. There is no relation to masturbation. Creams like Mometasone are steroids, and they can aggravate acne. Moreover, they also cause serious side effects like facial hair, redness and fungal infection later. Even tho...  Read Full »

Sexual Problems in Young Men

Article Overview: Sexual problems in men are very common, but they are often not openly addressed due to fear of social stigma.  Read Article »
Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Sexologist

It is very embarrassing for men to discuss their sexual problems with anyone, even a doctor. But, I would like to tell these men that sexual problems are very commonly seen in men. I have researched extensively on sexual problems in males and females. After spending a year in research, I conclu ...  Read Article »

Query: Hello doctor,I am 70 but until recently have been very sexually active with my wife. I am in good health overall but have suffered from anxiety and depression my entire life. That usually has not interfered with my sex life. I have had a penile implant several years ago so getting an erection is not...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are in good health and has no serious co-morbid issue. You have main problem of delayed or no ejaculation. This could be occurring due to poor erection or reduced libido or anxiety. You are not on any anti-hypertensive so we can think of adding Sildenafil to your...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I am 27. I currently started bleeding from my vagina and I had rough sexual intercourse four times in four days with my partner. I experienced hip pain yesterday but when I woke up, the pain was gone and 30 minutes before I started bleeding, I started to have pain in the same spot. I ge...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you ever done a complete blood count? Get one done and show me the reports.  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, I would like to tell you that masturbation is not the reason for the problem of premature ejaculation you are having. Masturbation is a safe habit, and most of the men masturbate. Diabetes increases the risk of premature ejacu...  Read Full »

Managing Sciatica Pain with Physiotherapy
Why is there a feeling of windpipe compression in a pregnant patient?
Can Ovral G be used as an emergency contraceptive pill?

Also Read Answers From

Ask a Sexologist »