Q. I am anemic and suffering from recurrent fever. What to do now?

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute
Published on Nov 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I am a 23 year old female. My present symptoms are feeling weak and unable to walk or stand continuously for a few minutes. My Hb% is 9 and I am anemic. I also have fever for one week and taking Oritaxim-O 200. Please help.

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

#

Looking at your complaints, your weakness is due to anemia.

• You have iron deficiency anemia after looking at your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and you need to take Iron supplements for three months.
  • I suggest tablet Bizfer-XT for three months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Regarding your fever, continue Oritaxim-O 200 (Cefixime) for five days and along with that I suggest Paracetamol.
  • Other causes of fever like urinary tract infection and malarial fever should be ruled out if you have a persistent fever after five days.

Nutritional deficiency.

Serum ferritin level.

Malarial fever or UTI.

Tablet Bizfer-XT for three months.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Is the fact menorrhagia leads to anemia true?

Query: Hi doctor,Person who suffers from menorrhagia (heavy bleeding during period) is at higher risk of anemia. Is this true? Is there any basis to this claim? What if you are already anemic and suffering from menorrhagia? What complications are associated with the same? What precautions should one take i...  Read Full »

Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?  Read Full »

I have weakness and pain in the arm. Should I anticipate surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I recently had an MRI on my neck. I have a 75 % weakness and pain on the left arm (tricep). Should I anticipate surgery?  Read Full »