Q. I am anemic and suffering from recurrent fever. What to do now?

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

I am a 23 year old female. My present symptoms are feeling weak and unable to walk or stand continuously for a few minutes. My Hb% is 9 and I am anemic. I also have fever for one week and taking Oritaxim-O 200. Please help.

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Looking at your complaints, your weakness is due to anemia.

• You have iron deficiency anemia after looking at your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and you need to take Iron supplements for three months.
  • I suggest tablet Bizfer-XT for three months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Regarding your fever, continue Oritaxim-O 200 (Cefixime) for five days and along with that I suggest Paracetamol.
  • Other causes of fever like urinary tract infection and malarial fever should be ruled out if you have a persistent fever after five days.

Nutritional deficiency.

Serum ferritin level.

Malarial fever or UTI.

Tablet Bizfer-XT for three months.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Is the fact menorrhagia leads to anemia true?

Query: Hi doctor,Person who suffers from menorrhagia (heavy bleeding during period) is at higher risk of anemia. Is this true? Is there any basis to this claim? What if you are already anemic and suffering from menorrhagia? What complications are associated with the same? What precautions should one take i...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common for a woman to experience blood loss of 60-80 ml per menstrual cycle. In cases of menorrhagia the blood loss is heavier and in the form of clots or in terms of using more than 6-7 sanitary napkins daily during menses. Menorrhagia easily leads to anemia o...  Read Full

Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a sign of: Dehydration. Urinary tract infection. Excessive fatigue. Alcohol. Marijuana and other substances intoxication or withdrawal. Postictal state (seizure). Electrolyte disturbances. Others would also include infection of the cen...  Read Full

I have weakness and pain in the arm. Should I anticipate surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I recently had an MRI on my neck. I have a 75 % weakness and pain on the left arm (tricep). Should I anticipate surgery?  Read Full >>

Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear this. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI report shows a pressure on the nerves in the cervical spine (neck). These nerves eventually go to your upper limbs. Hence the pain and weakness in your a...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now