Q. For the past three weeks, I have a bloated stomach, due to which I have difficulty walking. Please help.

Dr. Zubayeralam
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I am a 61-year-old female. My height is 5'5, and my weight is 75 kilos.

I burp every day, and I always have a bloated stomach.

Please help.

#

Thanks for the query.

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, I only understand that your abdomen is distended. The distended abdomen may result from various causes like gases, indigestion, constipation, etc.

And can you please make your query detailed?

Take care.

For the past three weeks, I think I have a bloated stomach. I have a big and hard stomach right now, due to which I have difficulty walking.

I had regular poop, so I cannot understand why I have a bloated stomach.

What do I need to do?

Is there any medication I need to take?

Is there any food to avoid?

#

Thanks for joining again.

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a bloated stomach for the last three weeks. You also have been suffering from difficulty in walking due to a bloated stomach. Such type of bloated stomach may result from, as I have already mentioned, gas, indigestion, fluid retention, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, lactose intolerance, celiac disease, etc. Suppose your abdominal bloating lasts for a long with worrying symptoms like diarrhea, constipation, weight loss, or bleeding. In that case, you should undergo some investigations like an abdominal ultrasound, endoscopy or colonoscopy, CT abdomen, etc., find out the exact causes for your present sufferings and then treat them accordingly.

In the meantime, you can take the medication as follows-

Tablet Buscopan (Hyoscine Butylbromide) or Visceralgine (Tiemonium Methylsulphate)- 1+1+1 (after meal) in case of abdominal pain.

Tablet Motilium (Domperidone)10 mg 1+1+1 (before meal) for 15 to 30 days.

Capsule Prevacid (Lansoprazole) 30 mg 1+0+0 (before meal) for 25 to 30 days.

Syrup Gaviscon (Sodium Alginate, Potassium Hydrogen Carbonate) 2 tsp 3 times daily (after meal).

The above-mentioned medications may help you to subside your bloated stomach and relieve you from stomach pain.

Take care. In case of any other query, ask me.

|