Q. Why do I have high blood pressure in-spite of taking medication?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
and medically reviewed by Dr. Infanteena Marily

I am a 53-year-old male with a height of 161 cm and a weight of 82 kgs. I have been experiencing high blood pressure, and I am currently on Tablet Telmi H 40 mg. I would like to get proper treatment for the cause. I am allergic to tablet Penicillin and Sulfa medications.

#

I understand your concern. To control your blood pressure, please do the following:

• Avoid smoking and other addictions.
  • Reduce salt intake.
  • Improve your diet and avoid junk foods.
  • Avoid stress and anxiety.
  • Drink plenty of water.
  • Do regular exercise.
  • Have a proper sleep for about six to eight hours, as it can help you achieve the ideal blood pressure range.

Try to measure your BP (blood pressure) when relaxed. If you do not see any changes in your condition, I suggest you take the medication as per your physician's advice.

|