Q. Can you give me any advise based on my lab reports?

Dr. Sudeb Mukherjee

I am a 68-year-old male. I am currently on Gluformin G2 Forte for diabetes, Cinod-N 10/2.5 for BP and Olmezest 20. My lab report is from last week.

1. HbA1c - 6.8.
  2. Uric acid - 7.41.
  3. Fructosamine - 299.7.
  4. eGFR - 83.
  5. APO B / APO A1 Ratio (APO B/A1) - 1.1.
  6. SGOT- 54.6.
  7. SGPT 59.9.
  8. Lipoprotein (A) LP (A) - 30.8.
  9. TSH - 6.07.
  10. Uri albumin/creatinine ratio (UA/C) - 68.5.
  11. 25-OH Vitamin D (total) - 20.17.

Any advice, please?

#

Your HbA1c is in good control and the other parameters are within the normal range.

ACR is slightly high. You need to recheck the albumin-creatinine ratio after three months.

Please repeat your uric acid levels after two weeks. If it is still high, you may need medication.

In the meantime, continue all the medicines as you are taking. There is no need to worry.

Do check your BP regularly and fasting blood sugar after two weeks and follow-up, please.

As you are 68 years old, you need to take Aspirin tablet 75 mg for cardioprotection. Please add that to your regular medicine. I suggest tablet Ecosprin 75 mg one tablet once daily. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thanks for your advice. Due to acidity problems, Ecosprin is not good for me. Any other please?

#

• As an alternative, you can take tablet Clopilet (Clopidogrel) 75 mg once daily.
  • You should take tablet Pan (Pantoprazole) 40 mg once daily in the morning before breakfast as long as you are on anti-ischemic therapy, be it Aspirin or Clopidogrel. However, acidity or gastric irritation is much less with Clopidogrel compared to Aspirin.

| 
1 out of 1 likes