Q. From my test report, please explain if I have a chance to develop leukemia.

Dr. Prathap
Published on May 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 26, 2019

I am a 42 year old female. My test report says WBC count 12.46, AMC 0.85, AEC 0.76 and normocytic normochromic cells. I feel extreme weakness, frequent infections, petechiae and daily headache. But, there is no weight loss. Are there any chances of leukemia? For your information, during adolescent days, my periods used to be extremely heavy for more than 20 days and then it gradually reduced with medication. When I was 21, my periods used to stay for 12 to 14 days. Now, it stays for 4 to 5 days.

Dr. Prathap

#

• After looking into your reports there is nothing to be worried except for low vitamin D.
  • Coming to your doubt of leukemia, the probability is very less. But, you need to get a peripheral smear examination which will throw more light into the condition.
  • It will find any abnormal cells if present. Please get the test done.

Tablet Vitamin D3 60 k units once a week for eight weeks. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine

Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a sign of: Dehydration. Urinary tract infection. Excessive fatigue. Alcohol. Marijuana and other substances intoxication or withdrawal. Postictal state (seizure). Electrolyte disturbances. Others would also include infection of the cen...  Read Full

I have weakness and pain in the arm. Should I anticipate surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I recently had an MRI on my neck. I have a 75 % weakness and pain on the left arm (tricep). Should I anticipate surgery?  Read Full >>

Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear this. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI report shows a pressure on the nerves in the cervical spine (neck). These nerves eventually go to your upper limbs. Hence the pain and weakness in your a...  Read Full

Can Spirulina 500 mg tablet replace body's vitamin B and folic acid requirements?

Query: Hi doctor, Can Spirulina 500 mg tablet be taken twice to replace the intake of 2.5 mg folic acid and vitamin B?  Read Full >>

Dr. Deepak Kishore
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The amount of folic acid or vitamin B available in a capsule of Spirulina is not sufficient to meet the daily requirements of these vitamins. So, it is essential to substitute it by other vitamin supplements.  Read Full