I have burning sensation in my vagina. There is also a white discharge from the vagina with a bad odour. Please help.

Q. I have burning sensation in my vagina. There is also a white discharge from the vagina with a bad odour. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Mohammad Aamir
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 30, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

I am 25 year old female. I am 158 cm tall and I weigh 45 Kg. I have burning sensation in my vagina. There is also a white discharge from the vagina with a bad odour.My doctor prescribed candid cream and V wash, but I there is no relief. Please help.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Your doctor has prescribed you medicines thinking that you might have candidiasis (fungal infection).

If you can answer following questions I can help you better:

  • Do you have itching also?
  • Is the discharge plain or curdy?
  • Are you married? If yes, your partner also needs treatment.

In case you are married, your husband might also need tretment if it is a fungal infection.

Get a urine microscopy done and send the reports.

Tomorrow early morning, take a urine sample of yours and give it in the nearest laboratory.

These symptoms might be due to urinary tract infection. Do not worry.

Hope I have answered your query and if you have further questions, revert back to me.


I just have burning sensation in the vulva during urination. I do not have any itching. The discharge has a mucous texture. And I am not married. I gave my urine sample for complete analysis. The test report is as follows:

  • pH - 5.
  • Specific gravity - 1.005.
  • Glucose - none.
  • Nitrites - negative.
  • Bilirubin - negative.
  • Crystals - none.
  • Proteins - trace.
  • RBC - 2-3 hpf.
  • Pus cells - 6-8hpf.
  • Epithelial cells - numerous.

They also said that I need to go for a urine culture to find out if there is any bacteria present.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Thanks for reverting back and providing the details of urine microscopy.

  • In my opinion you are having Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).
  • Just take tablet Ciprofloxacin 500mg twice daily for five days after food.
  • Take this tablet and you will be fine. Do not worry.
  • Get back to us after five days for review.

Take care. Consult a general practitioner online for review --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Please suggest an antibiotic for recurrent urinary tract infection.

Hi doctor, I am suffering from urinary tract infection ... Recurrent urinary tract infections are common   Read full

I have vaginal discharge, itching and irritation while peeing. Is this an infection?

.. often occurs due to cervical erosions or cervicitis. It shows increased vaginal discharge, and it can lead to secondary urinary tract infection with burning sensation and irritation during urination.   Read full

What is the permanent solution for testicular pain?

.. thickened cord is of questionable importance. Please get your urine analysis also. Idiopathic orchialgia is very common in young people. I suggest you wear scrotal support. The testes carry a spiral muscle called cremaster with them while coming out o   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a General Practitioner Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.