Q. I feel heaviness and pressure on chest and ribs. Is this due to gastric issue?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

My chest is heavy with some pressure on it and on the backside of the ribs as well. I can understand it is a gastric issue, but it is severe now. How to cure this? Please prescribe some best medicines which gives some immediate relief.

#

I have read your history, and have seen the prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

I think there is more a problem of cough and chest pain. I doubt if it solely a gastric issue. The gastric issues or gastric acid reflux usually cause heartburn, acid regurgitation, sore taste of mouth and sore throat. But what I understand from your history and the doctor's assessment you possibly had flu, or viral infection involving the upper respiratory tract such as throat.

The Pantop DSR is a good medication for any one who have gastric issue or gastric acid reflux. But since it has been there only for the past three days, it would probably help you in the next 24 to 48 hours. This is a time which is required for these medication to show the effect on acid-related symptoms. I suggest you two more medications to help relieve the pain in your chest. The pain in the chest can be simply due to cough or can be secondary to muscle ache, which is common when someone has flu or any viral infection.

You should start tablet Orphamol Forte (Orphenadrine 50 mg + Paracetamol 650 mg) thrice daily for five days and tablet Tizan (Tizanidine 2 mg) twice daily for five days. This medication can cause some sleep. It is used for spasm of the muscles of the chest or anywhere in the body. You can stop the Beplex. However, you should continue the Montek LC (Montelukast and Levocetirizine), and Pantop DSR. Make sure you take Pantop DSR half an hour before breakfast once daily. And you should take it only for another week or so.

Flu-like symptoms. ? Gastric acid reflux.

As advised above.

Follow up if you do not feel any improvement in the next 48 to 72 hours of use of above medications.

| 
1 out of 1 likes