Q. My 2. 5 year old gets upset when people talk around him since two days. Why?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 01, 2021

My child is 2.5 years old. I see him upset for two days when people talk around him. He is developing two molars at this moment. We went to a playgroup and he did not have issues at that time. He was fine when a kid started talking and he interacted with other kids. Today, he just lost the mood to be around the people in the playgroup. Anything wrong with him?

#

As per history, there is something wrong with this hearing. Your child can have some congestions and it can cause impaired or oversensitive hearing due to glue ear. Decongestants like Cetirizine can help him. Your child can have some wax on the ears and it can cause irritation on the ears. You can use Soliwax in the ears. Your child does not seem to have a behavior issue as he was interacting fine in the playgroup or someone in the playgroup could scolded him or done any harm to him.

He hates when I go over a hill or down. He puts his head to the side and his ears seem to be sore. He seems to be fine when everyone is quiet. Watching television does not bother him.

#

Yes, you can consult an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) specialist soon to confirm the findings. Apart from this, I do not see any other issues. We just need to be observant to identify the issue in your case.

|