Q. I am on Insulin for diabetes. Could I get treated with oral drugs?

Dr. Qazi Mujahid Ali
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 18, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I had been diagnosed as a person with diabetes before 10 years. Now I am taking Amaryl MV 2 bd dosage. Still, my rbs is around 250 to 270. What I need to do? Is there any possibility that I can avoid insulin therapy and by oral therapy only I can be treated? And now I think I am facing problems with neuropathy also. Pain in the palm and numbness in the feet even some sexual issues also. Please suggest to me what kind of treatment I should follow.

#

You are facing complications of diabetes, to control sugar you can take Glimipride 3 mg before breakfast and Sitagliptin Metformin 50/500 mg twice daily after breakfast and dinner. Avoid junk food, fatty meals, and deep-fried items along with sugary drinks. Brisk walk for 25 minutes for five days a week. Avoid anxieties try to relax. Eat Short meals instead of three meals, I mean divide your daily meal into small portions.

Complications due to uncontrolled diabetes.

1. HbA1c,
2. Lipid profile.
3. Serum creatinine.
4. Urine analysis.
5. Fasting blood sugar.

Related Video

Yoga Poses To Manage Diabetes

Article Overview: Diabetes, a life style disorder, is affecting 6.4% population of the world. Not only the developed countries, but also the developing countries are significantly affected by it. There are various treatment approaches for managing diabetes which has been successful to certain extent. But still, prevalence of this disease is increasing and age of onset of disease is found to be decreasing. This is going to affect world's health and economy badly. Yoga, a traditional science from India, has proved its efficacy in various researches done so far. This article focuses on the role of yoga for diabetics.  Read Article

Dr. Vinod Kumar
Yoga Specialist

Diabetes mellitus is a life style associated disorder which is characterized by increased levels of blood sugar. Diagnosis of diabetes is not a temporary phenomenon but an event which affects an individual for the rest of life. Population of type 2 diabetes mellitus is on rise continuously. In 2010,...  Read Article

Diabetes - How to Live Healthy

Article Overview: Do not let diabetes stop you from leading the life you dream about. With little changes in lifestyle and attitude, you can lead a normal and happy life just like anybody else. Read Article

Dr. Rahul Rathee
Diabetologist

Being diagnosed with diabetes can cause a lot of confusions and create many questions in your head. Make these simple lifestyle changes and experience the difference in your fight against diabetes. Start eating a complex carbohydrate, low-fat, high-fiber diet which includes plenty of raw fruits a...  Read Article

How to manage diabetes?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is suffering from diabetes. His blood sugar values are around 350-470 in the report. Earlier, he never had such a problem. Please provide some solution and help us to get it cured.  Read Full »

Ask a Diabetologist Now