Q. What can cause a change in skin texture on my cheek that is sensitive to touch or stretch?

Dr. Snehal Laul

I have been having skin texture issues on my cheek for a while. When I looked closely at my skin, I could feel something more profound. The area is sensitive to touch or stretch. Can you help me know what it is?

Thanks.

#

Kindly answer me the following to help you better;

1) Do you have any history of photosensitivity?

2) Is there a burning sensation on exposure to sun?

3) Any history of atopy or allergies?

4) What is your skin type?

5) Did you use harsh soaps or cosmetics?

Thanks for the reply.

I do not have a history of photosensitivity or burning. I had dry skin when I was a child, and it progressed to mild eczema. My cheeks are generally quite dry during the winter. I have been using newer skincare products like Niacinamide and Caffeine solution; however, texture and bumpy skin issues predate me using those. I exfoliate two times a week.

Thanks.

#

I suggest the following;

1) Use Cetaphil cleanser (Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates Steareth, Methacrylate Copolymer, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium Edta, Methylparaben) to wash face twice in a day for 15 days.

2) Apply Acnesol A Nano gel (Adapalene and Clindamycin) on the bumps at night for 15 days.

3) Tablet Limcee 500 mg (vitamin C) once a day after breakfast for 30 days.

4) Use Photostable sunscreen (Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Methylene bis-benzotriazole, Tetramethylbutylphenol, Ethylhexyltriazone bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol, Methoxyphenyl triazine, Diethylamino hydroxy benzoyl hexyl benzoate) thrice daily for two months.

5) Stay hydrated.

6) Eat fresh fruits and green vegetables.

7) Eat papaya, oranges, avocado, berries, muskmelon, and watermelon.

Follow up after three weeks.

|