Q. Please give a suggestion regarding the minor change seen in my ECG.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 17, 2020

I went for an annual health checkup and found there was a minor change in the ECG. I am 28 years old. My weight is 80 kg and height is 163 cm. My BMI is 30 and waist circumference is 90. My BP 130/90 mmHg. I am also attaching my ECG report to you. I need your suggestion. Thank you.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiology General Practitioner
#

• Your age is 28 and you are obese. Your electrocardiogram (ECG) is normal and no need to worry.
  • The minor changes are hyperacute T waves that may be due to increased potassium levels in blood, but no need to worry.
  • There is day-to-day variation in potassium levels depending on the diet and medications you may be taking.
  • There is also a poor progression of R waves from V1 to V3. As you are young and no previous history of heart attack, these findings are most probably due to ECG lead misplacement.
  • Sinus arrhythmia, which is 100% is a normal finding in healthy young peoples. Only, its absence may suggest some autonomic neuropathy. So, be happy.

You may go for electrolyte levels in the blood and renal function tests to be on safer side. Though no need, if you do not have a history of renal disease or medicines that may cause increased potassium levels.

For further information consult a cardiologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|