Q. Can Fluoxetine be tried instead of Venlor XR?

Answered by Dr. Bharat Udey and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Fluoxetine or Anxiety? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I tried Venlor XR 75 mg during the night and got very poor result for put me to sleep. I tried to take it only in the morning and that too resulted in me being very sleepy. Can I try Fluoxetine? Or any other alternative medicines like ayurveda? Can I take St.John's wort or 5-HTP? I would also like to know can Tofisopam be tried? If so, in what dosage do I need to take them? Can any combination among these provide good sleep only during nights and keep one fresh and active in the morning? Please guide.