iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersVenereologyfourth generation hiv testShould I undergo any other screening tests for HIV?

Do having rashes on the body after having unprotected intercourse with a stranger suggest an HIV infection?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At March 12, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 22, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I had unprotected vaginal intercourse with a stranger four months ago. After four weeks, I observed rashes on my back on both sides and intense itching that persists till now. After ten weeks, I got tested for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) polymerase chain reaction (PCR) ribonucleic acid (RNA) test, and the result was undetected. After four months, I did the HIV fourth-generation test, and the result came as 0.18 non-reactive. I am 100 % sure I am HIV-negative, but scared because of my symptoms. Are there any more tests or screenings I need to do to confirm if I have any sexually transmitted diseases? Please give me an answer.


Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and seen the attached pictures (the attachment is removed to protect the patient's identity). The rashes look like bruises in most places. The fourth-generation test is authentic and 99.9 % correct. Which means you are human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-negative. For the skin lesions, I suggest you take the following medications - 1. Apply Betnovate (steroids) and Lacto calamine (kaolin, Propylene Glycol, and glycerin) lotion in equal quantities after bath, two to three times daily for 15-20 days. 2. Take tablet Montuk (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) 10 mg once at night for 10-15 days. 3. Take tablet Fluconazole (antifungal) 150 mg once daily for three to five days. 4. Drink plenty of fluids like coconut water and fruit juices. Also, I suggest you also consult a dermatologist for your condition. I hope this helped you out. Thanks and regards.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Shah Sushma Kant
Dr. Shah Sushma Kant

HIV/AIDS specialist

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy