Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode
MBBS., MD, GENERAL MEDICINE ., DM, CARDIOLOGY(SENIOR RESIDENT
Cardiology, General Medicine, Internal Medicine
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Your headaches are probably caused due to your high blood pressure. A headache can also increase the BP, but not this much.
As you are so young, the cause of hypertension should be found out first. So, I suggest you undergo tests like kidney function test, renal artery doppler, serum cortisol, 24-hour urine metanephrines, lipid profile, and sugar level.
Do you do any drugs like ecstasy, cocaine, etc.? As it can also cause hypertension.
Till you get all the tests done, I suggest you try doing the following.
- Try taking tablet Telmisartan 40 mg once a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start the medicines after their consent.
- You should follow a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily, meat, and a high-calorie diet. Have low-salt diet, and monitor blood pressure regularly, thrice a day for one week then once or twice a week. If BP is persistently more than 140/90 mmHg, then we need to optimize medicines for it.
- Regular exercises like brisk walking and jogging, according to your capacity for at least 30 minutes a day and five days a week.
- Eat a lot of green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish once or twice a week, avoid meat.
- Avoid smoking, drugs, and alcohol if any.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.
Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician