Common "Low Salt Diet" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Low Salt Diet

The diet that has no more than 1,500 to 2,400 mg of salt per day is known as a low salt diet. Too much salt in the diet can lead to high blood pressure, which in turn can increase your risk for heart disease and stroke.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

How can I proactively prevent hypertension?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old woman, and I have been somewhat concerned about my blood pressure lately. It appears that hypertension runs in my family, so I am interested in understanding my own susceptibility to it. Is it solely determined by genetics, or are there steps I can take to mitigate ...  Read Full »

Dr. C. Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. People with high blood pressure may not experience symptoms. The only way to know is to have your blood pressure checked regularly. Factors that increase the risk of developing high blood pressure include the following: Older age (althou...  Read Full »

I experienced sudden tinnitus. Kindly check MRI and suggest.

Query: Hello doctor, I developed tinnitus all of a sudden last year. I am attaching the last year MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) images for your evaluation. Of late, I have some muscle pull in my calves. I am waiting for your evaluation.  Read Full »

Dr. Hardik Nareshbhai Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have analyzed your MRI images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are age-related minor changes in the scan. But nothing is alarming in the scan. The tinnitus which you have can be because of isolated eighth nerve or inner ear involvement.Do you have...  Read Full »

How can I lower my high blood pressure?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 34-year-old male. I have a blood pressure of 140/95 mmHg, which is usually high. It has been on the higher side for two to three years. What should I do to bring it down?Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Answer: Hello,Welcome to understand your concern. To bring down your blood pressure, do regular exercise like walking, especially after dinner. Additionally, avoid oily, spicy, junk food, and extra salt.Thank you.  Read Full »

Will medications cause weight gain during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 28 weeks pregnant. I am having doubts regarding medication which she is taking. Our consultant prescribed the following three medicines from first week of her pregnancy. 1. Tablet Promocal (calcium, vitamin D3 and magnesium). 2. Tablet Ferofer (Sodium feredetate with vitamin...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read and understood your problem. The increase in weight may be due to difference in clothing or other things, but if it is true increase then water is accumulating in her body. Does she have swelling of feet? Under such a condition, salt intake is restricted. He...  Read Full »

What can cause mild fever and heaviness in the stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 58 years old with a weight of 50 kilograms and a height of five feet. She is suffering from a stomach tumor for more than 20 years. Before 13 years, she suffered from brain stroke due to a clot formed in the brain. She is diabetic and hypertensive. She is taking continuous...  Read Full »

Dr. Durairaj A

Answer: Hi,Welcome to is suffering from constipation and she needs to take fiber-rich food. She needs to test her thyroid. Her pain mainly occurs due to disc problems. She needs to take an X-ray spine. For heaviness and abdominal discomfort, she needs to take prokinetics and proton pump inhi...  Read Full »

I developed chest pain while exercising. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, I went to college. I took a snack there at 3 PM, and after coming home, I had my lunch at 5 PM, and at 6 PM, I did some pushups at home. Suddenly, I felt chest pain. After 10 minutes, it increased. So, I went to a hospital. The doctor said that my blood pressure was 159 mmH...  Read Full »

Dr. Janrao Smit Uttam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You are exercising just after taking food. Your meal timings are also inappropriate. For your blood pressure, I suggest you to evaluate the BP (blood pressure) recordings in calm and quiet surroundings for three alternate days. This can be just white-coat hypertensi...  Read Full »

Can the body be accustomed to antihypertensive medications?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is taking Telma AM 80/5. How can it be gradually lowered to AM 40/5? Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Srivastava, Sumit

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Telma AM 80/5 contains Telmisartan 80 mg and Amlodipine 5 mg. It is generally prescribed to treat high blood pressure (BP) or resistant hypertension and control various heart problems. You must understand that blood pressure is a pathophysiological condition that may n...  Read Full »

I have high BP while sitting. Is this a cause of concern?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 35 years old male having weight around 180 lbs. Last year I was diagnosed with hypertension as my reading in the clinic was 170/120 and when the doctor asked me to monitor my BP and wrote some blood test. I monitored at home for 15 days then it was around 145/100 and report for all t...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanchi Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The medication you are taking is right, but I would like to know that whether you are skipping your medicine in between? And along with medication, stop over the counter salt. For more information consult a family physician online.  Read Full »

How can I treat the premature ejaculation I am suffering from?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 52 years old with a BP of 170 to 180 and no other problems or issues. The problem is I have started ejaculating very fast nowadays. I am very active sexually and the erection is always there except sometimes it is not so strong. My partner wants it hard and long. So, please sugges...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your post. It is good that you are sexually active at this age. However, your BP (blood pressure) is high which needs to be brought down below 140/90. So, the best thing would be to have a low-salt diet and also start ARB (angiotensin receptor blockers) ...  Read Full »

My blood pressure remains high. Do I need to check secondary hypertension?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with essential hypertension taking medicine for that. My BP is 146/92 mmHg. I do not have any symptoms. Should I get investigated to rule out secondary hypertension?  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Yes certainly, you being a young hypertensive first need an evaluation to know the cause of blood pressure. You should undergo a few tests like kidney function test, renal artery Doppler, serum cortisol and 24-hour urinary metanephrines. Also get lipid profile and...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.