Q. I am 18 years old and my height is 5'11. Will I grow taller?

Dr. Rahul Kackar

I am 18 years and two months old. I am 5'11. My father is 6'3, and my mother is 5'7. My younger sister is 5'11. I was wondering if I will get any taller and if I will hit another growth spurt. I have tiny and skinny hands and wrists and have been sleeping a lot for the past 3 to 4 months. I feel like my body needs sleep even though I get 7 to 8 hours every night. My grandfather grew from 5'10 to 6'1 from 19 to 20 years well if that has anything to do with my situation. I also cannot grow a beard, and I only have small patches of hair on my upper lip and chin.

#

I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), and I do not find any problem. It is hard to predict if you will gain any height further, considering your family history and height. About the beard, I will suggest some medicine; if no response, then check your testosterone levels. Increased sleepiness can be due to the drugs. I will suggest you indulge in some sports and do some mindfulness and stress reduction techniques, maybe Eckhart Tolle meditations. Then try to wean off from the drugs and also maintain a daily diary for your moods.

|