Q. How to increase my height?I am 23 years old.

Dr. Suneetha B S
Published on Apr 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 26, 2019

How to increase my height? I am 23 years old.

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetology Microbiology Nutritionist
#

• Growth in terms of height drastically reduces after puberty.
  • You have not mentioned your gender.
  • Theoretically, with proper nutrition and under ideal circumstances, growth in height stops in women at 18 years and in men at 24 years.
  • This does not consider other factors like family tendencies and genetic inheritance
  • I suggest you to have nutritionally rich food like milk and milk products, egg yolk, lean meat like fish, fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • You can also indulge in stretching exercises and yoga that will give you better posture and help you to look taller.
  • If you are overweight, focus on losing weight.
  • Sleep for at least 8 hours a day. 
  • You need to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day to detoxify your body. 
  • Following these tips will help in maintaining ideal body condition. That coupled with yoga and other exercises should help you.

Consult a nutritionist online for further follow up --->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

Why is a 10-year-old kid gaining more weight?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 10 years 5 months old and is gaining weight. I feel it is more than normal. Thyroid test has been done. He is fully healthy and has food normally.  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand all your concerns. I have checked the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The values point to the state of hypothyroidism. Please revise with me if he has any symptoms like cold intolerance, constipation, low heartbeats or ove...  Read Full

Can a gay man father a child?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a gay, married to a woman and had sex with my wife. My question is can my sperms impregnate my wife? If it happens, my children will be straight or gay?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, even if you have homosexual orientation even then you will be able to make your wife pregnant. No need to worry for that provided your sperms count is normal. Homosexuality does not have direct genetic inheritance. So, no need to get worried for that too. For mor...  Read Full

Can I grow any longer by taking HGH?

Query: Hi doctor, Can I grow any longer? I am 16 years old. My parents' heights are about 5'5" and 5'0" and my sister is 5'1". I had my knee's and hand's X-ray and both of them are fused. Since then I have grown only an inch or two. I was 5'1" back then now I am like 5'3" or 5'4" in morning. I have been ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you would like to grow taller. Well, your predicted height according to your parents' height is expected to be 5'5". Even if your X-ray shows that your bones have fused it is still possible for ...  Read Full

Ask a Nutritionist Now