Q. How to increase my height?I am 23 years old.

Dr. Suneetha B S
Published on Apr 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 26, 2019

How to increase my height? I am 23 years old.

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetology Microbiology Nutritionist
#

• Growth in terms of height drastically reduces after puberty.
  • You have not mentioned your gender.
  • Theoretically, with proper nutrition and under ideal circumstances, growth in height stops in women at 18 years and in men at 24 years.
  • This does not consider other factors like family tendencies and genetic inheritance
  • I suggest you to have nutritionally rich food like milk and milk products, egg yolk, lean meat like fish, fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • You can also indulge in stretching exercises and yoga that will give you better posture and help you to look taller.
  • If you are overweight, focus on losing weight.
  • Sleep for at least 8 hours a day. 
  • You need to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day to detoxify your body. 
  • Following these tips will help in maintaining ideal body condition. That coupled with yoga and other exercises should help you.

Consult a nutritionist online for further follow up --->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

Why is a 10-year-old kid gaining more weight?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 10 years 5 months old and is gaining weight. I feel it is more than normal. Thyroid test has been done. He is fully healthy and has food normally.  Read Full »

Can a gay man father a child?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a gay, married to a woman and had sex with my wife. My question is can my sperms impregnate my wife? If it happens, my children will be straight or gay?  Read Full »

Can I grow any longer by taking HGH?

Query: Hi doctor, Can I grow any longer? I am 16 years old. My parents' heights are about 5'5" and 5'0" and my sister is 5'1". I had my knee's and hand's X-ray and both of them are fused. Since then I have grown only an inch or two. I was 5'1" back then now I am like 5'3" or 5'4" in morning. I have been ...  Read Full »

Ask a Nutritionist Now