Q. How to increase my height?I am 23 years old.

Answered by Dr. Suneetha B S and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Height Increase or Height Growth? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: How to increase my height?I am 23 years old.

Dr. Suneetha B S
MBBS
Diabetology, Microbiology, Nutritionist

• Growth in terms of height drastically reduces after puberty.
  • You have not mentioned your gender.
  • Theoretically, with proper nutrition and under ideal circumstances, growth in height stops in women at 18 years and in men at 24 years.
  • This does not consider other factors like family tendencies and genetic inheritance
  • I suggest you to have nutritionally rich food like milk and milk products, egg yolk, lean meat like fish, fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • You can also indulge in stretching exercises and yoga that will give you better posture and help you to look taller.
  • If you are overweight, focus on losing weight.
  • Sleep for at least 8 hours a day. 
  • You need to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day to detoxify your body. 
  • Following these tips will help in maintaining ideal body condition. That coupled with yoga and other exercises should help you.

Consult a nutritionist online for further follow up --->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

Can knee and pelvic x-ray help to check, whether human growth hormone(HGH) will work for me?
Query: Dear Doctor, I have attached images of the latest x-ray imaging (attachment removed to protect user identity). I have taken this x-ray to determine my bone age, reason is that I had planned on using growth hormone therapy to help me grow taller. I was told that these bone age imaging of the wrist is...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hand x-ray for bone age is really meant for paediatric age determination (i.e, upto 12 years). You need to provide a few details to know if HGH will work for you or not. What is your current height? What is the height of your parents?  You really need the Risser's sign...  Read Full »

Can a gay impregnate his wife?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a gay, married to a woman and had sex with my wife. My question is can my sperms impregnate my wife? If it happens, my children will be straight or gay?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, even if you have homosexual orientation even then you will be able to make your wife pregnant. No need to worry for that provided your sperms count is normal. Homosexuality does not have direct genetic inheritance. So, no need to get worried for that too. For mor...  Read Full »

Top Foods Necessary to Increase Height in Children
Article Overview: As a parent, have you ever faced issues of your kid being bullied at school for being short and your child being upset about it? Genes play an important role in determining the height of a child, but if the child was supposed to reach a particular height and was unable to, then lack of proper nutrition is the main cause. Encourage your kid to have a balanced diet which will enhance his/her growth to the maximum.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Paediatrician

Following are certain ways which can enhance growth and increase the height of your child. 1. Include Enough Proteins in Your Child’s Diet If there is not enough protein in the diet, he will not grow well and may also show symptoms of malnutrition. Proteins are very essential for the muscle ...  Read Article »

Is it possible to cure my respiratory allergy and throat infection with some medicine?
Can inhaling enamel paint residual fumes cause health issues?
Arthritis in Its Many Forms