Height Growth

Can sudden asphyxia cause brain injury in a child?

Query: Hi doctor, I am concerned about the health of my nephew who has got brain injury during his birth. In the past he had DHA supplements and used to do exercise. I need your consult regarding the extent of injury, effects, solutions and medication. Please guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly give me some more information about the clinical status of your nephew such as age, growth pattern, milestones and any other symptoms associated with it. Revert back with the asked details to a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-o...  Read Full »

Can stem cells be used to grow taller?

Query: Hello doctor, I want, prior to anything, thank you for the time you are going to take to answer this question. I have been told by my basketball coach, in order to grow taller, to undergo the following kind of intervention, but my question is, where and how to undertake such a procedure. This is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kashif Mahmood Qureshi

Family Physician, General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. Stem cell transplantation is a highly specialized procedure and is generally done for specific indications. Almost all such procedures are conducted by the Surgical Oncology Teams (Specialized Cancer Hospitals). Stem cell tranplantation are generally done in patient...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to take second x-ray to confirm first x-ray findings regarding growth plate fusion?

Query: Hello doctor, I was wondering whether you think it would be worth it for me getting a second x-ray to confirm if my growth plates have fused? The first one shows no visible plate.  Read Full »

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. To tell you the exact answer we need your age and from your question, I suggest you take an x-ray but not now, wait for some time and then have an x-ray done.  Read Full »

Is there any possibility to increase the height from 155 cm to 157.5 cm in a 22 year old man?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 22 years old male and want to join technical duty branch in the Indian Air Force. But my height is 155 cm, and the airforce eligibility criteria for the required height is 157.5 cm. So I cannot hold this height criteria.I want to increase my height by up to 157.5 cm. My mother's he...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Once you achieve 18 years, your bones of the whole body can become fused. Now according to scientific research, there will be very less or no chance to gain height. But for your satisfaction, you can do vigorous exercise pull-ups, yoga practice, and pranayama practi...  Read Full »

Does HGH help you grow taller?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it possible to grow taller with HGH therapy? I am so extremely insecure about my height. I am 5'10" and I realize that is not that short. My past two girlfriends have broken up with me and mentioned my height as a reason. I realize it sounds ridiculous to other people, but I am worried...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Height is something that is determined by genes. Yes, there are medicines for increasing height, but it should be used only if you are found to be having growth hormone deficiency. I would want to ask you a few questions. What is your mother's and father's height? What wa...  Read Full »

How to get 6 feet tall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old guy. I am just 5'5" tall. I want to be at least 6 feet tall. Is there any way to stimulate the pituitary gland to secrete growth hormones?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Growth depends on many factors: Hereditary influence of growth. Nutrition during childhood (at the growing ages). Any illness during the growing age that results in stunted growth. Growth after 21 years is not possible since the growing ends of the bone would ha...  Read Full »

I am not growing taller. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17-year-old girl and I weigh 60 kg. I am 4 feet 9 inches tall. I think I am not growing since I was 13 years old and my mom is a few inches taller and my dad is 6 feet. I have not taken any medication for this. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have gained a lot of weight for your age. This is one of the major reason for not growing taller. Children who are overweight are often seen to stop growing taller earlier than others and this is particularly true for girls. Also, you may have acquired ...  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurvedic medicines to increase height.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old girl. I want to increase my height. My height is now 5.1 inches but I want to increase it to 5.5 inches. I tried ashwagandha with cow's milk but my BP has been low because of taking it. So please suggest a medication that will increase my height. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Growth and development of the body mostly depend on the growth hormone, which is secreted by the pituitary gland. The secretion is managed through some genetic code present in your chromosomes. Up to the age of 18, almost all development process is comple...  Read Full »

Please suggest some height gaining tips.

Query: How to increase my height? I am 23 years old.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Growth in terms of height drastically reduces after puberty. You have not mentioned your gender. Theoretically, with proper nutrition and under ideal circumstances, growth in height stops in women at 18 years and in men at 24 years. This does not consider other factors...  Read Full »

Is it possible for the knees and shoulder plates to be open, once the hip and ankle growth plates have closed?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it possible for the knees and shoulder or spine growth plates to be open, once the hip and ankle growth plates have closed?  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It depends upon the age. Because on an average if the hip and ankle growth plates have fused then the knees, shoulder, and spine follow it and close in the next six months of the onset of fusion of the hip and ankle growth plates.  Read Full »