Height Growth

How to increase my daughter's height?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 4 years 5 months old. Her height is 100 cm tall, and weight is 15 kg. I want to know whether the height and weight are normal for that age. My height is 5 feet 7 inches and her mother is 5 feet tall. I am worried about her height. I want her to be at least 5 feet 4 inches. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing all the details. I would like to congratulate you that your child is growing quite well right now. The final height depends on many factors. Parent's height determines the genetic potential of the child by which we can have an idea of chi...  Read Full »

Please suggest some supplements to grow taller.

Query: Hello doctor, My brother is a 15 year old boy. I am 157 cm, which I think is short for a 15 year old. Is there any supplement or vitamin that he can take to grow taller?  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Height is quite a concern for teens. We have to figure out that the height we have is predominately a genetic factor. So, traits like height, hair, eyes and facial expression we get it from our ancestor. If your parents are tall, then there are ...  Read Full »

Can proper nutrition, running, and stretching help an 18-year-old grow taller?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old with a height of five feet five inches. Can I have an increase in height by doing running with stretching exercise and by taking proper nutrition? I need an expert opinion. Please help me.   Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern about gaining height. Height is a genetically predetermined one and we cannot change anything beyond a certain limit. Height gets affected due to the growth of long bones and it becomes fixed once we reach 18 years. You can do other exercis...  Read Full »

Is height determined by genetics?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years and two months old. I am 5'11. My father is 6'3, and my mother is 5'7. My younger sister is 5'11. I was wondering if I will get any taller and if I will hit another growth spurt. I have tiny and skinny hands and wrists and have been sleeping a lot for the past 3 to 4 months...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Kackar

Rheumatologist, Endocrinologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), and I do not find any problem. It is hard to predict if you will gain any height further, considering your family history and height. About the beard, I will suggest some medicine; if no ...  Read Full »

Why is my 9 years old daughter's height only 120 cm?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is nine years old with a height of three feet. I am worried about her height. Please suggest.   Read Full »

Dr. Artur Holubka

General Practitioner, Family Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your daughter's height is not too small for her age but she is short. Deficiency of anabolic hormones, severe somatic disease, genetic and chromosomal disease can cause retardation in growth. It can also occur due to hereditary factors. Children of short parents are kno...  Read Full »

Will I have an increase in height and breast size after attaining puberty?

Query: Will I continue to grow? I started puberty 2-3 years ago. I had slight development such as height growth, breast growth, etc. Now, I noticed that I have no changes anymore. I feel like my height is still the same, my breast size is still the same, I have no hair on my armpits yet but I do have littl...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi there Welcome to icliniq Thank you for writing and I understand your concern. Ma’am please don’t worry about anything actually puberty is seen upto age 14 or 15 so don’t worry there will be more growth in upcoming years. And other growth such as height and breast and all are ...  Read Full »

How to identify if your height will increase any further?

Query: Hello, I was wandering if you can help with some information regarding my height. I am 5'4" and I am 17(and 5 months) years old. My father is 5'6" and my mother is 4'11", is there a chance I can get an inch or two more in height? I am not sure if I am in tanner stage 4 or 5. I have not grown anymo...  Read Full »

Dr. Balamurugan

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Icliniq, I understand your concern, Answering to your Query, Apart from genetics and hormones, Nutrition and Physical Activity play an important role in Normal growth. Mid puberty changes include increased pubic hair, axillary hair, acne, and adult body odor. Whereas In lat...  Read Full »

What are the possible future complications of early puberty?

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my younger daughter's health and I would like to get a second opinion before I take any decision. My younger daughter was 1 year 6 months old when she came to this new place. Last year, when she was 5 years old we had to do a physical examination for getting admiss...  Read Full »

Dr. Vera Zdravkovic

Endocrinologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would agree with doctors that this is precocious puberty and signs of puberty and bone age progressed since recently (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am confused with hormonal results, could it be mistaken that these are entered in a wrong spot, becau...  Read Full »

How to increase height after puberty?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 16-year-old male, and my height is 5.4 feet. How to increase my height?  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After you attain puberty, the body's long bones stop growing further as their growing ends fuse with the bone. These bones then reach a permanent size. There are many pills, injections,etc., available through the internet, which claims to increase your height. Their eff...  Read Full »

Can you please help increase my height?

Query: Hello Doctor,I'm 18 years old and my height is 145.5cm. I would really love to have it increased. Could you please help me out?  Read Full »

Dr. Khalid Shaikh

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, As per your query you are 18 year old with a height of 145.5 cms. To help you with your query let's first understand a persons "Height", this physical character is dependent on genetic and medical causes. By genetic I mean if your parents, grand parents are tall, short or average height , t...  Read Full »