Height Growth

How to identify if your height will increase any further?

Query: Hello, I was wandering if you can help with some information regarding my height. I am 5'4" and I am 17(and 5 months) years old. My father is 5'6" and my mother is 4'11", is there a chance I can get an inch or two more in height? I am not sure if I am in tanner stage 4 or 5. I have not grown anymo...  Read Full »

Dr. Balamurugan

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Icliniq, I understand your concern, Answering to your Query, Apart from genetics and hormones, Nutrition and Physical Activity play an important role in Normal growth. Mid puberty changes include increased pubic hair, axillary hair, acne, and adult body odor. Whereas In lat...  Read Full »

Can proper nutrition, running, and stretching help an 18-year-old grow taller?

Query: Greeting's. Good Day To You Doctor. Sir I Am 18 Years Old And My Height Is 5ft 5 Inch. Will My Height Will Increase In Two Years By Proper Nutrition Running And Stretching Exercise. Please I Need An Expert Opinion. Thank You.  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Respected, thank you for asking question, I have understood your concern about gaining height, see height is genetically predetermined we can't change anything beyond certain limit... height is affected due to long bones growth which will be fixed once you achieve 18years, you can do exercises like...  Read Full »

What are the possible future complications of early puberty?

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my younger daughter's health and I would like to get a second opinion before I take any decision. My younger daughter was 1 year 6 months old when she came to this new place. Last year, when she was 5 years old we had to do a physical examination for getting admiss...  Read Full »

Dr. Vera Zdravkovic

Endocrinologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would agree with doctors that this is precocious puberty and signs of puberty and bone age progressed since recently (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am confused with hormonal results, could it be mistaken that these are entered in a wrong spot, becau...  Read Full »

How to increase height after puberty?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 16-year-old male, and my height is 5.4 feet. How to increase my height?  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After you attain puberty, the body's long bones stop growing further as their growing ends fuse with the bone. These bones then reach a permanent size. There are many pills, injections,etc., available through the internet, which claims to increase your height. Their eff...  Read Full »

Can you please help increase my height?

Query: Hello Doctor,I'm 18 years old and my height is 145.5cm. I would really love to have it increased. Could you please help me out?  Read Full »

Dr. Khalid Shaikh

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, As per your query you are 18 year old with a height of 145.5 cms. To help you with your query let's first understand a persons "Height", this physical character is dependent on genetic and medical causes. By genetic I mean if your parents, grand parents are tall, short or average height , t...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine to correct height problem.

Query: Hi doctor, My cousin is 10 years old, but he is short for his age. His grandfather, father and sister are also short. Is there any medicine for growth or height problem that occurs due to hereditary?  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understood your concern. Your cousin of 10 years old is quite normal to have this much height. I have gone through the picture what you sent me (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Sometimes, low height will be genetic in nature. In 70 percentage ...  Read Full »

Why is my daughter's growth not normal?

Query: Hi doctor,Today, I took my 4.8 years old daughter, who is about 13 kg weight and 94 cm height, to a free growth screening camp. The Doctor has suggested the following laboratory tests. LFT, KFT, TSH, CBC, P/S, ESR, vitamin D3, TTG, IgA level, urine and stool routine. She has also prescribed Bandy P...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your daughter's weight and height are just on the lower side of normal. At this age, if everything else is normal, then height is usually constitutional or genetic, which depends on parental weight and height. They might have the growth spurt later. ...  Read Full »

Will my son be short as I am short?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 9 years 1 month old. His height is 119.5 cm and weight is 25.5 kg. He is a very normal and healthy boy. My height is 5 feet 5 inches and my wife's height is 5 feet. I am worried about his height? Please explain me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's weight is fine and height is on the lower side. The body mass index is fine, but could be better. Height usually depends on a few things like the height of the parents genetically related, delay in height spurt and undernutrition. But...  Read Full »

Why have a few reddish spots developed on my baby's head?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby boy, who is 8 months 14 days old. His weight is 7.6 kg and height is 27 inches. He is taking Arbivit-3 and Zincovit drops daily according to the doctor's advice. Are his weight and height fine? From few days, there are some reddish spots developed on his head and in some parts of...  Read Full »

Dr. Navreet Sharda

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's weight and height are in normal range, but it is definitely towards lower side. I expect his weight to be between 2 to 3 kg at the time of birth. He need close monitoring as far as growth is concerned. If he is gaining weight adequately in the next coming mont...  Read Full »

Can a child's height be increased with protein powder?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a son and a daughter. My height is 5.7 and wife is 5.1. I am extremely worried about my children height as we are short. My daughter is now 3 years 10 months old and have 14.5 kg weight and 38 inches tall. She had seizure thrice and taking some sodium liquid medicine for the past th...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I will try to sort it out for you. As you told me father's height 5.7 that is 170 cm and mother's height is 5.1 that is 155 cm. According to both of your heights, which is an average height of most of the people, the target range fo...  Read Full »