Q. Can fever, sore throat and headache after sex be due to HIV?

Answered by Dr. Atishay Bukharia and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hiv Risk Factors or Hiv Testing? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had sex with my office colleague 15 days back and he looks healthy and happy, but within two weeks of that incident, I got cold, fever 99.8 Farenhite, sore throat, toothache, and severe cough like never before. I am very scared. I got my period four days after sex. I am worried about HIV. I asked him if the condom was intact and not broken he said it was all intact, and I should not be worrying about HIV. Still, I am getting paranoid. Please advise.