Q. At three months, my HIV result is negative. Why should I check again at six months?

After three months of unprotected exposure, I got tested for HIV, and it is negative. What are the chances of getting a positive HIV result after three months? I got to know that in some rare cases it takes up to six months to show antibodies. In which condition it will take a long time to show a positive result? I am worried so much. I am dying every day with the fear of HIV. Is there any treatment for HIV to live long?