Q. Does thyroid problem delay pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Swaraj S W and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hypothyroidism or Tsh Level? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Does thyroid problem delay pregnancy?

I am a 27 year old unmarried female. Before six months, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I have been taking Thyronorm 100 mcg. Recently, I had TSH test and the level was 0.47 U/mL, which is considered as hyperthyroid. When my doctor asked me the previous dosage, by mistake I told her 150 mcg, but my actual dosage was 100 mcg. So, she suggested 125 mcg. I tried to contact my doctor, but could not reach her. Shall I take Thyronorm 75 mcg? When will my thyroid levels become normal?