Q. What should be the dosage of Thyronorm when the TSH level is 15?

Dr. Nagaraj

My TSH level is 15 mU/L. What dose should I take of Thyronorm? My triglyceride level is also very high, at 520 mU/L. Currently suffering from allergic rhinitis, itching, hidradenitis suppurativa, and weight gain. I was diagnosed with hidradenitis suppurativa the last six years ago.

#

I understand your concern.

The value provided looks like hypothyroidism. In addition, triglycerides are increased, and fasting sugar levels are impaired.

Do you have a problem with menstruation?

Any hair growth on the face?

Stretching of skin over tummy?

Any swelling of the thyroid gland in front of the neck?

Did you suffer from the common cold two to three weeks prior?

Please let me know for better suggestions. Also, attaching all the blood reports would be helpful.

Thanks.

Yes, I have had irregular periods. For two to three months, I had a normal cycle, then periods stopped for about 50 to 60 days. After this, the periods came on taking some medicines every time. Yes, I feel stretching over my tummy also too much itching in my skin; I also have hidradenitis suppurativa from the last five years in my armpit, which breakouts anytime, recurrent cough and cold are also there right now I am suffering from allergic rhinitis. Thank you.

#

I understand your concern.

You have multiple issues and reasons why you are experiencing these symptoms. I am not sure if you are already diagnosed with diabetes, as the value of HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) says so. Also, your thyroid functioning is below normal. Cholesterol levels are high, which is expected in patients with impaired sugar levels and hypothyroidism. You are anemic, too, as Hb (hemoglobin) is around ten. It could be due to increased blood loss during periods accompanied by nutrition. Vitamin D is very low. ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is on the higher side, indicating some long-term issues. All these are interrelated and contribute to your symptoms.

However, you need not have to be worried as with proper treatment, all these can be better controlled, and you can lead a normal life. Due to telemedicine guidelines, I can not prescribe medications over this consultation mode. You can schedule a video consultation with me or visit a specialist in your city. As you have multiple issues, this requires detailed discussion and lifestyle changes which can not be done over text messages.

I hope you find it helpful.

Take care.

|