Q. Is it possible to treat internal hemorrhoid with ointment?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 03, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

My hemorrhoid is bleeding and it scares me so much. It does not hurt. I think it is internal hemorrhoid. Can hemorrhoid ointment heal internal hemorrhoid? Or should I drink some medications since it is located inside? Please recommend some. I really would appreciate your recommendations and thank you for helping me, a reply would make me feel better.

More details about the presenting complaint:

I already have this hemorrhoid for long but it was scary since it was my first time seeing it bleed. It also got big I think when I gave birth but I sat on a warm water so it did not get severe. Please recommend some medications and please tell me what to do.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Medical Gastroenterology
#

If you have ongoing bleeding and feeling low blood pressure, or sweating, you should seek in person consultation to near by emergency. Because bleeding hemorrhoids can be at times serious. If you do not have those symptoms then you can follow simple advises as below. Tablet Daflon 500 mg twice daily for 7 days. Avoid constipation by taking Ispagol husk 2 tablespoon daily with water, plus take plenty of water approximately 2 to 3 liter in a day.

Tablet Tranxemic acid 1 gm twice daily for no more than 3 days or before that if bleeding stopped. Continue with the sitz bath in slightly warm water, sit at least 3 to 4 times daily for 15 minutes each. If bleeding does not stop, consult your near by surgery.

|