iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyjock itchWhat could be the itchy rash on the genital area?

I have an itchy rash on my genital area. Could it be eczema?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Vinodhini J.

Published At January 28, 2021
Reviewed AtJanuary 17, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am a male, weighing 123 pounds, and height of about 5'6". I am on no medications. There is a kind of rash (itchy, irritated). It usually does not bother me, but it has been there for a long time. It is between where the legs join the body and my genital area. I wonder it can be eczema? But it does not look like it.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Please send a few more photographs taken in natural light from different angles and distances. Exactly, how long has it been there? Any history of hypertension or diabetes mellitus?

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

No history of hypertension nor diabetes mellitus. It has been there for three to four years. Sometimes the itch occurs after a year, then it bothers me. When I ignore it does not produce any symptoms.


Welcome back toicliniq.com.

It is going in favor of Tinea cruris. Please take the following medication and revert to me in two weeks. Take Capsule Sporanox 100 mg twice daily for two weeks, Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg once at night and use Luliconazole cream once daily at night. Avoid itching or touching the lesion as it can increase the chances of spreading to other places and the growing areas by destroying the stratum corneum. I hope this helps.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Atishay Bukharia
Dr. Atishay Bukharia


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

jock itchitching

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy