Q. I did not get relief from my knee pain even after taking medicines. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Lokesh and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Knee Pain or Vitamin D? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 36 year old male who weighs 69 kg. I have a desk job with no physical activity during the day. I am doing exercises regularly though. I have a pain in both knees since one and a half years. It started gradually. Now, there is a cracking sound while squatting or doing yoga. I am unable to maintain the posture for a long time. There is no swelling, heat, redness or pain otherwise. The exact location of pain is at the front side, below the knee cap while climbing the staircase. If I walk on a plain surface, it does not pain much. I am practicing yoga since the last six months. Because of the knee pain, I am avoiding knee-related yoga postures. I massage my knees regularly with a herbal oil before I sleep. It gives me temporary relief. I have consulted a doctor regarding this. He gave me 30 capsules of Arthocare to be taken for a month. It contains Glucosamine Hydrochloride and Chondroitin Sulfate Sodium. I have taken all the capsules but, no relief. I am now worrying about my knee joints. Please suggest me some remedies.