Q. Why do I have pain in both knee and ankle with swelling?

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

I am 60 female, having pain in both knee and ankle, swollen up, does not bend knee, the pain starts from upper thigh to knee.

#

I think you should get your blood test done for cholesterol, uric acid, and blood urea. Apart from this, you should always wear a knee cap. Put your feet in a bucket of warm water with salt and sit for half an hour daily. It will sooth down the pain and swelling. Please do the same exercises of the knees and legs so that the circulation does not stop. Take Shelcal 500 daily and Vitamin B12 also for boosting up the immunity.

|