Q. What is the cure for loose motions?

Published on May 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 10, 2019

I am suffering from loose motions since last three days. I have visited a doctor. He advised me Oflox 200, Entroquinol and Deulac forte for three days. I have taken the medicines as prescribed until today but even then they have not reduced. I am traveling, so it is difficult for me. Kindly suggest the course of action.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Since there is no response, you need to change the medicines. You should have Oflox OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) 200 mg or 500 mg twice a day for five days along with tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast for five days. Also, for symptomatic relief, you should have tablet Racecadotril (Redotil) 100 mg up to three times till stools stop. This will reduce stool frequency and output but need to continue above mentioned antibiotics for five days. More importantly, you need to have plenty of water and ORS (oral rehydration solution) 100 to 200 ml with each stool output.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Redotil is for three times a day?

#

Yes, it is three times a day until stool normalizes. If it is not available, then you can also have Norflox TZ (Norfloxacin and Tinidazole) instead of Oflox OZ.

My baby often has loose stools. What medicines should I give him?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 6 months old son. He often suffers from loose stools. I do not know why it happens. My friend suggested I give Mathulai manappagu. Please share your thoughts.  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Giving medicine is not the ideal solution to his problem. Firstly, try to find out the exact cause behind the¬†loose motions. Because, once you find out the exact cause, it will be easy for you to avoid that causative factor and the loose motion...  Read Full

I have nausea, loss of appetite and stomach pain. How to get better?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been nauseous for nine days. I am traveling to a different state. I am feeling full since the last one day. Then I lost my appetite. It came out of the blue. Then I started having diarrhea, not straight on, but it will skip days. Then the day before yesterday, I had a half brown ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an infection causing diarrhea. I suggest the following medicines: Tablet O2 (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) twice a day for five days after food. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg Domperidone 10 mg twice a day for five days before food. Enterogermina (spores of ...  Read Full

How can loose stools and a lot of gas released from the anus be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, Since last one year, I am having loose stools with a lot of gas released from the anus. Motion is not cleared fully. There is a burning sensation in stomach and somewhere in the intestines. There is a huge rambling in the stomach, especially in the evening hours. The doctor ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The present symptoms look more likely due to constipation.  I suggest you follow these measures: Avoid constipating foods like maize-based foods, junk foods, baked ones etc. Keep yourself well hydrated with two to three liters of water a day in various ...  Read Full